Home Q & A Forum
Options

EDITED** Moved

CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 21, 2019 2:35PM in Q & A Forum

**Edit- Not sure if what is going on around the date is near how the IHC due to the poor care of the die but here it is. Could this be considered a RPD or possibly even a doubles die? Unseen variety(most likely not) but hey I would love some input and thank you. **EDIT

Tomorrow I will be uploading a 1835 5c Lrg Date Large 5 to get some general consensus. The date most certainly appears to be Re punched dramatically or doubled even. Are there any books or rather a general book to this series apart from a lot of smaller books from many different people? I am sure there isn’t much to be said until tomorrow but thank you anyway for your time.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019 4:26PM

Do you have Federal Half Dimes 1792-1837 by Logan/McCloskey?

• Options

I do not. I will give that a look,Hopefully not a old expensive Catalogue! Thank you

• Options
    NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Federal Half Dimes book came out in 1998 and is fairly expensive/tough to find. For general attributions, I find the following site to be very useful:

http://www.everythinghalfdimes.com/

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    Do you have Federal Half Dimes 1792-1837 by Logan/McCloskey?

I have convinced my local dealer to let me get ahold of one of his books. Although it is his coworkers and not his I have to wait a few days until he returns. **Added pics here!