Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSAbot??

What the heck is with this pop up I just started getting in the lower right hand corner? PSAbot asking me if I need help with stuff. I appreciate the offers, but how can I turn this thing off. I click off of it but it comes right back.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Modify your hosts file if you're savvy enough with computers

EagleEyeKid said:
    Just talk to it. It wants to be your friend.

I've already hit my friend limit for the year.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

Dude, I'm 49 years old..... I can barely work the remote control for my TV.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@LarkinCollector said:

Dude, I'm 49 years old..... I can barely work the remote control for my TV.

I'm not far behind, but PM me your OS and version (Mac, Windows, etc.) and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been getting this popup as well. Around three times a day. Nothing related to PSA but mostly it seems from Reddit.

This thread gave me some incentive to fix it, and I think I just did. Taking the below action pasted from the link, did lead me to the Reddit popup spot, and I removed it. Had one there for Facebook as well, and I removed that also. There were about five others there in that spot all relating to google, so i left them alone for now and see what happens.

Remember what an old wise sage once said about computers. Never remove anything related to the computer operation unless you are 100% sure what will happen. :)

https://help.getadblock.com/support/solutions/articles/6000219224-i-m-seeing-pop-up-ads-in-the-lower-right-corner-of-my-windows-desktop

Google Chrome
    Click the Chrome menu (the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome window) and and select Settings.
    Scroll down to Show Advance Settings.
    Under "Privacy," click Content Settings.
    Scroll down to "Notifications" and click Manage Exceptions. Here you can choose what notifications are allowed to appear on your desktop.
    Turn off notifications from any site you no longer want to see notifications from.
    Click Done.

If that doesn't stop the pop-ups, the ads might be coming from Windows 10 itself. Here's how to stop them.

It worked!

No popups last night or today thus far. Normally there would have been around four or five of them by now. :)

@stevek said:
    It worked!

No popups last night or today thus far. Normally there would have been around four or five of them by now. :)

I'm now wondering though if I should have just blocked it, instead of removing it. It did provide that option. I have a feeling the next time I visit Reddit, it's going to place that little bastige on there again. So if it does, next time I'll just block it.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine came back, but it just wanted to use my bathroom.

• Jimmy_CommonpantsJimmy_Commonpants Posts: 386 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I have been getting this popup as well. Around three times a day. Nothing related to PSA but mostly it seems from Reddit.

I get it to on PSA's site, but I haven't visited Reddit in months.

I actively collect Kirby Puckett. I have collections of Michael Jordan, Emmitt Smith, Roberto Clemente, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, Errict Rhett and Evan Longoria.