Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Got Bored Last Night, So I Busted a 1986 Donruss Box

Bored watching TV last night a decided to bust a '86 Donruss Box. Not a high dollar box, but the Canseco and McGriff Rookies sell for $150+ in a PSA 10. Whiffed on the McGriff but got a nice looking Canseco and a few other nice stars. Nolan Ryan and a few others were off centered)

Comments

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Fun box to open

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Chuck hustle. I still remember when Chuck broke Ty Cobb's all time hits record. I remember that long standing ovation he got. Electric moment in baseball history.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Love the Chuck hustle. I still remember when Chuck broke Ty Cobb's all time hits record. I remember that long standing ovation he got. Electric moment in baseball history.

Especially for those of us in the stands B)

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@doubledragon said:

Especially for those of us in the stands B)

That would have been epic. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

• Options

Here is a better pick of the dual photo Rose too.

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

I busted 2 boxes of "86 Donruss a couple weeks ago. Hit a Canseco in each box both with poor edges and corners. I hit 7 McGriff's between the two boxes. Got a couple that could go 10. Besides that there's not a whole lot left to the set.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

How are the back edges of the Canseco? Any white? You're probably going to need a perfect back with the PD on the front.

Arthur

• Options
    AshleyBrownAshleyBrown Posts: 69 ✭✭

Here is the back of the Canseco. Sorry for the poor pics (at work). The dust is strictly on the Cardsaver.

• Options

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Nice looking back. Is there a tinge of a touch on the top left corner? Still, nice card of one of the Bash Brothers!

CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options

@jmmiller777 - There is a slight bit. Likely would stop it from being a 10. Fun rip though.