Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2019 Prizm Acuna Jr 1/1

Just pulled this out of an FOTL box!

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy smoke! Nice pull! 1 of 1 card is as good as it gets. Only one in the world. Nice job.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Elynn said:
    ...... Just pulled this out of an FOTL box!

Fruit of the loom?

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Where?

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@Elynn said:
    ...... Just pulled this out of an FOTL box!

Fruit of the loom?

I thought those were Jordan's?

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

First off the line. LOL

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Holy smoke! Nice pull! 1 of 1 card is as good as it gets. Only one in the world. Nice job.

Are they really the only one? I had a one of one only to discover that the exact same card is also numbered to 10 to 25 to 50 etc. So does just the numbering make it a one of one?

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

FOTL box!

Congratulations!

Was gonna ask what it was - but someone answered.

I remember years ago, 1993, FOTL did a "Fleer" card promotion.

Doesn't look like they put their logo on these?

Mike
  • Options

If I> @ElvisP said:

@doubledragon said:

Are they really the only one? I had a one of one only to discover that the exact same card is also numbered to 10 to 25 to 50 etc. So does just the numbering make it a one of one?

Yes, as long as it says 1 of 1. That card you pulled is the only one like it in existence. They use the same picture on the ones that are numbered to 10, 25, 50 etc. I guarantee the one you pulled is the only one in existence.

• Options
    edited May 17, 2019 2:33AM

To a collector, 1 of 1 cards are priceless, because they are the only one that will ever exist. If I pulled a 1 of 1 card, I would hit the roof.

• Options
    ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    To a collector, 1 of 1 cards are priceless, because they are the only one that will ever exist. If I pulled a 1 of 1 card, I would hit the roof.

I am a lifelong Atlanta Braves fan. And to pull this card!

• Options

@Elynn said:

@doubledragon said:

I am a lifelong Atlanta Braves fan. And to pull this card!

I can't imagine the feeling you must have. It is a true masterpiece.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP

Depending on the year and issue the 1/1 stamp may or may not be the only difference. I like it when there is some other difference on the card like the border color, background, etc. When the only thing making it a 1/1 is just the stamp it feels more like artificial scarcity (which is completely what it is anyway).

@Elynn

Either way if it says 1/1 the demand and pricing will follow, but it sounds like you might be keeping this one:)

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

It's the only one, it's called a "Prizm Black Finite Refractor". There will be other numbered refractors with different color schemes but for his base card, that will be the only one that looks like that and is stamped 1/1. Great pull!!! The no logos bugs a ton of people but I have always loved Prizm!

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

@doubledragon said:

This isn't a dig on the card because it is sweet but I am with you on this. They number cards /1, /10, /25, etc. There may be a different color but it's the same card. Same goes with the auto'd #'d cards. Ok, you get an autograph just like the #'d to 500, the card is the same but maybe just a different color. This makes zero sense to me. If it was a completely unique design and numbered to whatever, sure, I'm good with that. I feel so old!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not really a modern collector but I do not see this as much different than 1962 Green Tint or 1969 yellow letters vs. white letters. Essentially the same card with a color variation but the color that is harder to find is worth more.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Great looking card, congrats!

• Options

Hello,

I have been trying to reach out the OP regarding this card and received no response. Looks like the OP hasn't been active for a while on here. Is anyone familiar with Elynn on another format where I could try and make contact?

Thanks so much

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@warr111alp said:
    Hello,

I have been trying to reach out the OP regarding this card and received no response. Looks like the OP hasn't been active for a while on here. Is anyone familiar with Elynn on another format where I could try and make contact?

Thanks so much

You might have better luck asking in the coin forum.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.