Home Q & A Forum
Options

Kennedy Halves with chop marks?

CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

I found these in rolls I got at the bank. Does anyone know what these chop marks are from?

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not silver so not much need to chop mark them. Good chance it was just someone playing around with a punch. Some roll searchers will mark coins to know if they have looked at them before.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are individual letter punches - not (Chinese) chop marks. I can make all you need if you supply the half dollars. ;)

• Options
    CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Those are individual letter punches - not (Chinese) chop marks. I can make all you need if you supply the half dollars. ;)

Ok how much you charge?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can actually get a set of letter punches for around $10 at Harbor Fright Tools, less if you have one of those coupons they always send out.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, X marks the spot. Okay Jimmy out the X die right there and wack it with this here hammer. Good job. Now do the next coin.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the OP, the second to the last pic, JFK’s cheek took a mark and it received a double “X”.