Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crack and sub to PSA? Opinions please

The Russell has a small surface spec wither from a print defect or a slight surface bubble that flaked, it is not 3D off the card surface which remains smooth and crease free. Seems like it could cross and possibly increase?

The MJ I am thinking possible cross to a PSA 5?

Thoughts, comments, sarcastic remarks?

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would attempt to put a grizzly bear in a headlock to have either one of these beauties. 😉

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

I think the Jordan is accurately graded, if not a tad overgraded. The Russell looks a tad under graded. I think it could go either way cracking.

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

@remedylane said:
    I think the Jordan is accurately graded, if not a tad overgraded. The Russell looks a tad under graded. I think it could go either way cracking.

I agree the Jordan is accurately graded, I would like to have it is a PSA 5 though. Agreed on the Russell also.

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

I've never done a crossover, but most folks say it usually stays the same on an SGC crossover.

I suppose if you cracked and did a raw sub, it could go up or down. I'm not sure. Curious to see what others think.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I would attempt to put a grizzly bear in a headlock to have either one of these beauties. 😉

So you've changed the nickname for the wife? No longer known as "the goalie", from now on you'll be referring to her as "the grizzly bear" instead?

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@remedylane said:

This

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

A good example of what those tight screw-down holders will do. However, they’re both great to have in your collection. I’d cross the Jordan in the holder and crack the Russell. If you say min grade, will PSA remove beforehand and you risk the card not grading then you’d be out of both holders? I have some BGS I’d like to cross, but I don’t want them out of the BGS holder if they don’t make the min grade.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

Well we shall find out. I cracked both last night and they went out on 15 day sub this morning. I will let yall know in about 6 months when I get them back :D

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bottom line is that without that unorthodox corner wear on the top right and bottom right, the Jordan could be a PSA 6. I just dont know what kind of penalty that type of surface wear is.

As for the Russell, the heavy wear on the bottom right corner is just as concerning to me as the surface imperfection. I'd say it has a 90% chance at a PSA 2/2.5 and 10% chance at a PSA 3.

Good luck with your submission.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

No

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)