Bennington goes for the shut-out!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Bennington goes for the shut-out!

Yep looking like the Blues win 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

He reminds me of the Knight at the bridge in the movie Holy Grail. "None Shall Pass" !!!

• Options

Well the reverse jinx didn’t work 🤬

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    edited June 12, 2019 7:34PM

:(

I'm ready for football.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    :'(:(

I'm ready for football.

You'll have to settle for 2 out of 4. >:)

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hats off to any Blues fans here. That rookie goalie was lights out tonight.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

looks like the BLUES are going to get their first cup in a very long time. Congrats.
    Sorry Bruins fans.

• Options
    edited June 12, 2019 7:46PM

The Blues played a good game tonight. Congratulations Blues fans . It was fun.

Edited for spelling.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

I was upset he lost the shut out. I like the "Little League" hand shake at the end. I didn't know they did that!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

I was upset he lost the shut out. I like the "Little League" hand shake at the end. I didn't know they did that!

@Dimeman I'm glad you liked the game. Hockey is definitely different. I like how there is so much sustained action. I hate that the Bs lost but it was a good ride.

• Options

I’m not a Hockey guy but actually got into since the playoffs started, I wanted them to win mainly for the 3 out of 4 winners thing but they couldn’t get it done. I kinda felt after so many missed opportunities in the first period that it wasn’t their night.

• Options

And to make some of you feel better, my buddy took his son to the game - 10 rows up from the ice - and the 2 tickets cost $3700 a piece... he had an opportunity to sell them for $6000 a piece but his son wanted to go to the game. He is not a millionaire but makes “Decent” money, I feel bad that the game wasn’t really that good

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a die hard Leafs fan and a die hard Bruins hater, I am on cloud 9 this morning and am eternally indebted to the St. Louis Blues for making Marchand cry like a baby.

From now on, St Louis is my second favourite team and I'll be buying a St, Louis Bozak jersey.

Oh man, love to see those Bruins lose!!

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options

@DoubleEagle59 said:
    As a die hard Leafs fan and a die hard Bruins hater, I am on cloud 9 this morning and am eternally indebted to the St. Louis Blues for making Marchand cry like a baby.

From now on, St Louis is my second favourite team and I'll be buying a St, Louis Bozak jersey.

Come on.....tell us how you really feel! ;)

• Options

@DoubleEagle59 said:

It’s all good, we still got the Patriots 👍

• Options

@DoubleEagle59 said:

All I know is, it's better to be a Bruins fan than be a Leafs or a Blues fan- even on a day like this :D

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Cudos to the Blues. Can't say how difficult it is to win Game 7 on the road. The B's missed a few early chances and that was all she wrote. While not a hockey fan, Game 7's are can't miss tv.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    Cudos to the Blues. Can't say how difficult it is to win Game 7 on the road. The B's missed a few early chances and that was all she wrote. While not a hockey fan, Game 7's are can't miss tv.

After the Bruins failed on so many chances in the opening 10 minutes of the first period and the Blues scoring on like their second shot on net I felt they were not going to win. The Blues played awesome and deserved to win

• Options

@perkdog said:

@JRR300 said:

After the Bruins failed on so many chances in the opening 10 minutes of the first period and the Blues scoring on like their second shot on net I felt they were not going to win. The Blues played awesome and deserved to win

You're right. The game just didn't feel right almost from the start.