Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Changes to eBay searches - wrong results

Anyone else notice that search results in eBay seem to have changed last week and have expanded beyond the search terms? As an example, I have a search for “torres 2018 chrome auto psa 10 blue” which only returned those results until about Weds of last week. Now, I’m getting Yordan Alvarez, Ryan Jeffers, Alex Verdugo, ... In another search for Trout Bowman rookies, it’ll bring up all kinds of non-rookie Trout’s instead of what I asked for. Maybe an intentional change to help sellers get eyes on less viewed items?

Jim

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Has been doing that to me off and on for a while

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed it around Friday or Saturday when using my saved searches. I know what generally comes up since I look at my saved searches every day. I noticed a lot of extra items that don't match all the search terms. Normally there is a disclaimer in the returned list about items matching fewer words. Maybe that was just missing? It seemed to be happening for any search. As of yesterday it seemed to be back to normal.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    FrozenRopeFrozenRope Posts: 31 ✭✭

Yes, this has been happening, but not for all that long, maybe a week or so. It's like random (a lame attempt at AI?) filters are being added to search requests.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Cool, thanks for confirming it wasn’t just me.

Jim