Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

New Book on The Consolidated Fund of the Republic of Texas

After 20 years of research I have published a new book on the Consolidated Fund that is available on Amazon.

Here is the flyleaf description:
Approximately 20 years of research comes together in a new book on the history of The Republic of Texas and its finances. More than dry facts and figures, the author has researched the claims filed with the Republic of Texas by some 427 individuals who provided both goods and services to the fledgling government before it had any means of repaying them. These 427 men, women, and companies were issued Consolidated Fund Notes in their individual name. The book contains a biographical sketch and archival records of the 427 individuals, as well as numismatic data on which notes survive to the present and in what numbers. It is a blend of the Historic, Numismatic, and Genealogical communities that presents a view of the Republic literally from the ground up. Indeed these people TOOK A CHANCE ON TEXAS!

Also presented in the book is a new Simplified Classification for the Consolidated Fund series of notes. 486 pages and well over 200 pictures, tables, and illustrations.

The books website is: www.theconsolidatedfund.com

The book can be purchased there or search on Amazon for "They Took A Chance on Texas"

Here is the direct link to Amazon: https://amazon.com/THEY-TOOK-CHANCE-TEXAS-CONSOLIDATED/dp/0578494655/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=they+took+a+chance+of+texas&qid=1557748444&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Thanks........Mike

Collecting Census Data on Rep of TX Consolidated Fund Notes: I Would Appreciate The Serial Numbers of Any Notes You Might Have. Thanks!!

Comments

• DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Congratulations on pulling together a manuscript of this size and scope!

• texiantexian Posts: 22 ✭✭

Mike, it was great to meet you and your wife at the TNA show. After a decade sabbatical, I am back pursuing my first true love. Collecting currency. And a huge appreciative thanks for the new book. Only another Texas Historian/Collector could grasp the concept of my staying up til 3:00 AM reading the new CF book after I got home. I couldn't put it down. LOL. Talk to you soon. Kirk

• MikeinTylerMikeinTyler Posts: 73 ✭✭

LOL, Thanks Kirk. It was very good to meet you and your wife also! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the book. Really enjoyed looking at your notes too.

Mike

Collecting Census Data on Rep of TX Consolidated Fund Notes: I Would Appreciate The Serial Numbers of Any Notes You Might Have. Thanks!!
  • MikeinTylerMikeinTyler Posts: 73 ✭✭

The KINDLE Version is now up on Amazon. $34.99