Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

One touch holder for submission

Is it OK to send in a super thick patch/auto card for grading in a one touch magnetic holder for security and ease of removal? I have always used CS-4 in the past but these SEEM to make more sense...thoughts?

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...

Comments

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might be able to slip one past the goalie, but generally these are not allowed.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2019 5:05PM

I don't believe they are mentioned on their no fly list. Screw downs, top loaders, and snap cases are no bueno. Magnetic one touches aren't mentioned. I've sent many thick cards to them in a one touch and never had a problem. Key is to size the one touch properly to prevent the card from moving. No way am I ever jamming a thick card in a card saver. Unless one is specifically designed for them to prevent the corners from damage when inserting it.

Kevin

• CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Thanks Lotsos...I am going to try it

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

It works just fine. They ask for CS4s, but won’t turn away one touches.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I rarely send in any thick cards for grading for myself, but when I do, I have just clipped the 2 bottom corners of a regular card saver at an angle. Not far enough up that the corners would be exposed, just enough that it relieves the pressure on the bottom corners.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    I rarely send in any thick cards for grading for myself, but when I do, I have just clipped the 2 bottom corners of a regular card saver at an angle. Not far enough up that the corners would be exposed, just enough that it relieves the pressure on the bottom corners.

This is a creative solution. I have never thought about doing that. Thank you,

Steve
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Depending on the thickness of the card, do you really want to spend an additional $1.5 to $4 to submit each card?
    Thats the typical cost for a magnetic, you won't receive back.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

A lot of the cards I buy come to me in a one touch....I have a whole bunch of them sitting in my closet, so it doesn't really matter to me.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slum22 said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

This is a creative solution. I have never thought about doing that. Thank you,

No problem. I tell my friends I'm an idea guy. I have tons of ideas. 99.999% of them are stupid, as pointed out constantly by my wife. But every once in a while I pull a golden nugget out of my butt!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com