Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry competitive point system

CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 10, 2019 4:20AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

Hello, I have been wonding about the new set registry competitive point system and what other collectors thoughts on it were. What are the pros and cons for new collectors and for experienced long time collectors? Let me know your thoughts.
Discussion also on US coin section.

Comments

• Options
    CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 9:35PM

Does anyone think the achievement board should be expanded to cover more areas of collecting? To be more specific with the types of coins or countries.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's your point? Pun intended. B)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    What's your point? Pun intended. B)

Finally get it.

Bones and Point

I think :p

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CollectorBonEZ said:
    I have been collecting coins for most of my life, but only recently in the last few years have I been really learning about coins. I started with wheat cents, buffalo nickels, bicentennial quarters, and state quarters from pocket change as a kid. I became a PCGS member only two years ago and I still consider myself an amateur collector, yet I have the #5 spot.

5 spot in what?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CollectorBonEZ said:
    Does anyone think the achievement board should be expanded to cover more areas of collecting? To be more specific with the types of coins or countries.

I don't understand that achievement board at all. I'm #114 last time I noticed. What does that mean....I sure don't know and don't really care. It's just something you see every time you go to the Dashboard.