Home Q & A Forum
Options

Beat up 1960-D lrg/sml ? Odd looking mm on the 62 -D

dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up two rolls from the station for a coin fix 😂 I came across a 1960 D that to me looks like a real beat up lrg/sml . The O is funky looking , and there seems to be a split serrif on the tail of the 9 in the date. That or it's just some serious pmd. The second coin is an ugly 1962-D but there seems to be something protruding out of the bottom left corner of the mm and I cant tell if it's me "wanting" to see something peculiar or just damage. As always your opinions and time is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you have a sm/lg there. You should be able to see the extra mint mark even circulated. The mint mark position doesn't look right. The zero looks like it might be just toning or crud. Have you tried to poke at it? Found a photo of one I had to help you compare. The 62 looks like it may have an RPM. There are lots of minor RPM's for early 60's cents, most would need to be BU to get any premium.

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    I don't think you have a sm/lg there. You should be able to see the extra mint mark even circulated. The mint mark position doesn't look right. The zero looks like it might be just toning or crud. Have you tried to poke at it? Found a photo of one I had to help you compare. The 62 looks like it may have an RPM. There are lots of minor RPM's for early 60's cents, most would need to be BU to get any premium.

I'll just throw em in the change pile, thanks for the info!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

OT

When I see magnified coins, sometimes, I am expecting something to jump off. :D