Home U.S. Coin Forum

Best way to move a lot of pre-83 Lincolns.

What are they going for nowadays if you have a few hundred dollars to maybe $1000 FV of them? So damn heavy too so shipping is a pain in the neck so not sure best way to sell.

Thanks

Comments

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 cent each

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019 12:56PM

Put it on the BST.

Do a giveaway.

—————

$1000 FV cents is 100,000 individual cents

Each pre-‘83 cent weighs 3.11 grams

Total grams is 311,000 grams = 684.65 lbs.

• matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spend them.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

Find Coinstar
    Dump in Coinstar
    Repeat

You can put 70 pounds into a medium priority box to ship. Good deal if you can carry it. So, that's $100 face value that will cost you $13 or so to ship. If you can find anyone who wants to spend more than $113 to get $100 worth of cents then you're golden.

I've even dumped bank-wrapped rolls of 1970s cents into Coinstars. There is just no market for that stuff. Might get 60 cents per roll at a flea market, but what's your time worth?

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need for me to buy them from you - I will find them when I roll search cents.

The rate of copper in rolls is way up lately. ;)

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2019 1:08PM

Use a wheelbarrow, hand truck, or maybe a backhoe. ...OR -----

Try the new "Cash Dehydrator" as seen on TV. Just run your coins and paper money through this little device and it will remove all moisture, fingerprints, laundry detergent, and excess weight from the cash. Over 80% lighter and easier to carry on those boring international flights.

Also, you'll love the new "Asset Expander." Quickly and easily increases your net worth even when other banks won't loan you the time of day, and you've had multiple bankruptcies. Guaranteed to work every time. (Sorry, no refunds or store credit. Guarantee void if package is opened.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file