Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which one should I buy??

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. That is crazy. I think it also has to do with greed. You run across greed from time to time in this hobby.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sports cards forever is known for outrageous Buy It Now prices. Look at their listings and you will see. Their customer service is terrible too. The only negative feedback that I have left in the last 3 or so years was for them.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Can’t imagine paying that amount for either of those cards. I could only “potentially” pay that kind of money for a Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig, Jordan, etc.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a person who has been in sales for my entire life, I can tell you that if you think you have something "special", price it high. The buyer with the cash who has been looking for that "special" card WILL buy it. Why not shoot for the stars? You can always drop the price if it doesn't sell.

To answer your question (assuming you really want to know) depends on your financial situation and your own taste/preferences.

Prices seem to be high on BOTH cards. 17 nines and no tens. I'm thinking the 60K one could bump to a 10? Drysdale, is he a good way to spend you money? You didn't ask, but I think a different player might be a wiser choice.

If money is no object, and you "need" a PSA9 Drysdale, make an offer on the higher priced card. If you are building a top rated set and not bothered by the "washed out" (scans CAN be deceiving) look of the cheaper one, make an offer on that one.

Here's another GREAT example of why there should be a 9.5.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just buy both. Moneybags!

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

The real question is, how much would a PSA 10 cost? I think $20 million would be a fair price.