Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Error cards

My card budget will be back at full strength in 5 days, and I have spotted a rare card on Ebay that I have sought for a long time. Only problem is, it's out of focus. The image on the card is blurred. Like I said, I have been looking for this card for a while, but I just am not sure I want it out of focus. A lot of collectors like error cards, or cards that companies made a mistake with when they made them. I guess it all depends on the collector. Any opinions on error cards?

Comments

• CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Most people won't accept that as an error card, it will be lumped in as a manufacturing defect and if it is bad, hard to re-sell....

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2019 10:21AM

If it's rare and you need it, as long as the price Is right, I would hit it. You could always get a better copy if it comes along in the future and if it doesn't, at least you have one.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CdnOsfan said:
    Most people won't accept that as an error card, it will be lumped in as a manufacturing defect and if it is bad, hard to re-sell....

I figured as much. That might be why no one has made a move on it yet.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:
    If it's rare and you need it, as long as the price Is right, I would hit it. You could always get a better copy if it comes along in the future and if it doesn't, at least you have one.

I might just do that. It's really rare, and it could be my only chance to have it. If it does pop up again, then I can hopefully grab a better copy.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have been searching for a long time, pick it up as a place holder until you can find a nicer copy

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CdnOsfan said:

This!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox