Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does PSA Grade Non-sports (historical) photos?

Hi all, seeing all the great sports photos graded (The Ty Cobb sliding into base is simply incredible), i was curious if they did non sports photos?

I was gifted 4 photos a few years back, developed directly from the original negatives that are now in the library of Congress. They are:
Abraham Lincoln
Ulysses Grant
George Custer
Robert E. Lee

Would PSA Do these or would they be sent back? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:
    Hi all, seeing all the great sports photos graded (The Ty Cobb sliding into base is simply incredible), i was curious if they did non sports photos?

I was gifted 4 photos a few years back, developed directly from the original negatives that are now in the library of Congress. They are:
    Abraham Lincoln
    Ulysses Grant
    George Custer
    Robert E. Lee

Would PSA Do these or would they be sent back? Thanks!

I would love to see these! I was always fascinated by the civil war. Such a dark time for our country but we came out much better because of it.

• Options
    Desert_Ice_SportsDesert_Ice_Sports Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2019 7:58AM

Yes, they do non-sports photos too... Can you post scans of them, front and back?

Thx.

https://www.psacard.com/services/originalphotoauthentication/

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant even tell what's happening in that Marilyn Monroe picture. Is she seeking higher ground to escape lecherous men? One seems to have a hold of her shoe.

Run Marilyn, run!!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    I cant even tell what's happening in that Marilyn Monroe picture. Is she seeking higher ground to escape lecherous men? One seems to have a hold of her shoe.

Run Marilyn, run!!

She has feet?? Oh yeah, I see that now

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Desert_Ice_Sports said:

Yes, they do non-sports photos too... Can you post scans of them, front and back?

Thx.

https://www.psacard.com/services/originalphotoauthentication/

As soon as I can find them I’ll post them! LOL they’re stored away somewhere..

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update: I’m still looking for the photos, but found online what they are, if memory serves correct:

Lincoln:

Grant:

I can’t quite recall the Lee and Custer, (it’s been 5+ years since we’ve had them out lol) so I don’t want to post what I think they are. I’ve been tearing the house apart trying to find them, and when I do I’ll scan and post. Thanks!