cancel

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
1948-76 Topps FB Sets
FB & BB HOF Player sets
1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Speaking about canceling, I've been wanting to cancel my cable service for some time now. It's up to $205 per month just for cable service and internet. How is that even possible?

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cable TV will go the way of Blockbuster before you know it

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

@lawnmowerman said:
    Speaking about canceling, I've been wanting to cancel my cable service for some time now. It's up to $205 per month just for cable service and internet. How is that even possible?

You should call or visit your cable company and ask for a better rate; if you haven't done so in a while, they'll likely give you a better deal. Even if you have no interest/intention of switching providers, all of the legacy cable/satellite operators are aware you have options these days (particularly the streaming options), so they have unpublished "offers" even for long-time existing customers in order to entice you to stay; all you have to do is ask. They may require you to agree to stay for 12 or 24 months in order to get the lower rate, but if you are planning on staying anyways, who cares?

I have Xfinity/Comcast, and I recently visited one of their service centers to exchange one of my cable boxes that needed to be upgraded. They'd been slowly raising my bill over the past 5 years or so, so I printed off a copy of my bill and figured I'd ask if they could get me a better rate. Once my turn (finally...) came up to talk to the service rep, I dropped my cable box and my bill on the table and told him "I need to exchange this box..." and then before I could continue, the rep did instead, after glancing at my bill, "and you probably want to see if you can lower your cable bill." It was surprisingly painless! He walked me over to his computer station and went through the various offers they have for existing customers. The net result was that, in exchange for agreeing to stay with Xfinity for 24 months, my total bill declined by $50 per month, and that was after upgrading one cable box to HD and adding the $9.99/month Sports Package.

• Options

Awesomeness! I appreciate all that info @KnightRider

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Spectrum
    once time warner

is the lost miserable company I have ever dealt with. No negotiation at all.
    They want more and more $ and could care less about their customers.
    Monopolies

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

@jay0791 said:
    Spectrum
    once time warner

is the lost miserable company I have ever dealt with. No negotiation at all.
    They want more and more $ and could care less about their customers.
    Monopolies

That's our provider so you know my pain

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comcrap is criminal. My wife and I cancelled their service about a year ago. I'm still alive a year later and we still watch TV just as we always have.

Andy

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not had cable in over 20 years.
    I miss all the live games and races, and that is all I miss.
    Most games appear on YouTube now, and I have Netflix and Hulu for watching movies and shows.
    I see what people pay for cable get sticker shock, then consider all the stiff I can buy while not having cable.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

You may want to check out YouTube TV. Just switched over this month. 70 channels including MLB and unlimited recording. $50 a month with no contract required

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

You may want to check out YouTube TV. Just switched over this month. 70 channels including MLB and unlimited recording. $50 a month with no contract required

Awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks!

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

@craig44 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

Awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Yup, we have it, too. Awesome. And Netflix. I watch all local sports on You Tube TV.

Andy

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

I use the PlayStation Vue streaming service. You don’t need a PlayStation to use it. It works on a Roku, etc. if you enjoy sports, Vue has most of it. I pay about $50 per month.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/