Home Q & A Forum
Options

does anyone have experience shipping to Malaysia? or other Orient locations?

YQQYQQ Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

A buyer in Malaysia asked if I would ship a $160 coin to Malaysia?

I might want to tell him YES and list my conditions.
Question:
what is Feebays position IF a buyer refuses or causes, by whatever illegal or orthodox method, to receive the goods without a signature. Shipment is documented and correctly addressed declared with signature required?
will it be considered as being NOT received?
Or what will they do?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• Options

Im Malaysia collector here. For all your guy info. Post to Malaysia without registered/tracking number method is not safe. About 3-5% chances might lost. With tracking number. So far seldom miss receive any item for my experince of over 300 international coins ordered. 2 lost due to sender not using registered mail.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting advice, minimize the risk is the best you can do. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    tymestmstymestms Posts: 10
    edited May 12, 2019 7:17AM

my original collection start with Malaysia/British Malaya coins. Now, i like to study more on US coins, very stable in value, very interesting variety, very good collecting system in certain points that gain me some new idea about how interesting to collect US coins. Here is one of my recent collection just graded by PCSG with ms67+. item still with PCGS. still pending some others coins grading result. very exciting waiting for all the grading results.!

• Options
    edited May 12, 2019 8:18AM

Wow, that is some statement of how the the Malayan postal system operates (or some of the employees there. perhaps the culprits are the customs "officers"??.
    Thank you, it is much appreciated. I have not sent or sold the 50 cent piece to the prospective buyer.
    But with your statement above, you solved my problem and answered my question. and probably helped others in similar situations.
    Thanks to this forum, we have a solution. :)
    I believe you have chosen wisely for your collection future by selecting US numismatics. There is only one suggestion I have: limit yourself to certain coins....top quality and scarce, unless you have "endlessly deep pockets".

• Options
    tymestmstymestms Posts: 10
    edited May 12, 2019 10:32AM

Haha.. i don't have "endlessly deep pockets", but i do have endless debts on my credit card... However, it is real story about me. Before i start coins collections in 2011. I really have long list of debts. Due to my earlier collection is figures (Gundam). Since i started collect coins. It help me turn around the situation in just few years. While improving my own collection upgrading my skills and knowledges. Also enlighened me that coins collecting is part of great investment. Collecting US coins is very tough i knew. But like what you said. Choose wisely. I am now started and try to focus on standing liberty, walking liberty, peace dollar and buffalo. With the reason of this range is short period, less variety, cheaper cost except keydate, not many keydate, price still low compare to earlier date. Have more potential of value in future. Actually. Talking about this range 1920-1940's. The walking eagle and peace eagle are better than morgan eagle.

• Options

I sent you a PM

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tymestms said:
    Haha.. i don't have "endlessly deep pockets", but i do have endless debts on my credit card... However, it is real story about me. Before i start coins collections in 2011. I really have long list of debts. Due to my earlier collection is figures (Gundam).

I built my first gundam back in 1979 lol. And they do worth thousands of dollars in mint boxes. However I really do hope you had some fun and built most of yours gundam models instead of piling those boxes to ceiling high. :D