Home Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's a trooper. I wish her well in her recovery.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 24, 2019 5:24PM

I wish her well in her recovery as I would anyone, everything goes out the window when it comes to anyone’s heath regardless of what team your affiliated with

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

sports doesnt matter when it comes to situations like this. I hope she recovers well.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2019 9:13AM

Folks are quick to go under the knife when the guy in the white coat snaps his fingers.

Hope that she survives this.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

After she recovers, my advice to her would be to go on an entirely different diet.

Some people are more prone to disease than others, and it is fact that too much of certain foods or beverages cause disease.

Sorry to say if she doesn't change her diet, the tumor could reoccur or another awful disease could strike, possibly soon. Changing her diet is her only hope for a healthy long life.

• Options

Good idea to dump the cell phone and hair bleach as well.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Good idea to dump the cell phone and hair bleach as well.

Boy aren't we quick to judge people here. :s

• Options

Well, Dimeman, many folks surround themselves with toxic stuff and become ill. Instead of correcting the problem they run to the doctor looking for a high tech solution. That is often a failure. Getting brain surgery at 29 or 30 is not an event that will help her have a long and healthy life.

Stevek gets it.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Well, Dimeman, many folks surround themselves with toxic stuff and become ill. Instead of correcting the problem they run to the doctor looking for a high tech solution. That is often a failure. Getting brain surgery at 29 or 30 is not an event that will help her have a long and healthy life.

Stevek gets it.

I love the way you assume this is all her fault! You are really something!

• Options

You are over reaching a bit, Dimeman. Look in the pantry and read the ingredients on basic stuff like crackers and cookies and maybe processed meats. Plenty of that stuff is not food and has a deleterious effect on the human body. We sort of stumble through the chemicalized ingredients in a loaf od commercial white bread and then eat the dreck anyway.

At some point the body reacts poorly to this stuff that is not food and we want to feel better. Often the doctor is visited and he gives us a bottle of pills that have no nutritional value and the poor slob feels even worse.

i doesn't have to be that way.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

Stevek gets it.

No, he's saying stay away from possible and definite cancer causing agents.

Steroids is actually a good example of this on topic for this forum. There are too many former athletes out there who die at a too young of an age from various cancers and other disease due to steroid use - that is a fact.

This may get me in some trouble with some members here who love Walter Payton, and I mean no disrespect at all to Payton who is on everyone's list as a great player and he was a great person off the field as well. However in my opinion, it's very likely he heavily used steroids and eventually died way too young because of it.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    You are over reaching a bit, Dimeman. Look in the pantry and read the ingredients on basic stuff like crackers and cookies and maybe processed meats. Plenty of that stuff is not food and has a deleterious effect on the human body. We sort of stumble through the chemicalized ingredients in a loaf od commercial white bread and then eat the dreck anyway.

At some point the body reacts poorly to this stuff that is not food and we want to feel better. Often the doctor is visited and he gives us a bottle of pills that have no nutritional value and the poor slob feels even worse.

Doctors love to prescribe pills. Helps pay for their fifth summer home. They don't make any money telling people to eat right, which is what they should be saying to many if not most of their patients.

The body has tremendous capacity to heal and repel disease if given the chance to do so with a proper nutritional diet.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

Stevek gets it.

No, he's saying stay away from possible and definite cancer causing agents.

Steroids is actually a good example of this on topic for this forum. There are too many former athletes out there who die at a too young of an age from various cancers and other disease due to steroid use - that is a fact.

This may get me in some trouble with some members here who love Walter Payton, and I mean no disrespect at all to Payton who is on everyone's list as a great player and he was a great person off the field as well. However in my opinion, it's very likely he heavily used steroids and eventually died way too young because of it.

No evidence, but I wonder about Kirby Puckett, he had a layer of fat, but under that he was a monster!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

Did you know there's aluminum and sometimes mercury added to your vaccination shot?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Just picked this up off the news.

CNN) — It took just one day of use for several common sunscreen ingredients to enter the bloodstream at levels high enough to trigger a government safety investigation, according to a pilot study conducted by the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, an arm of the US Food and Drug Administration.

The study, published Monday in the medical journal JAMA, also found that the blood concentration of three of the ingredients continued to rise as daily use continued and then remained in the body for at least 24 hours after sunscreen use ended.

The four chemicals studied -- avobenzone, oxybenzone, ecamsule and octocrylene -- are part of a dozen that the FDA recently said needed to be researched by manufacturers before they could be considered "generally regarded as safe and effective."

So, should you stop using sunscreen? Absolutely not, experts say.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

No evidence, but I wonder about Kirby Puckett, he had a layer of fat, but under that he was a monster!

C'mon, everybody goes from 4 homers in their first 289 games to 31 in their next 161.