Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Box and Pack Grading Question

I have a sealed box of 1993 SP Baseball (24 Packs per box)

Would PSA Grade the entire Box (do they have a holder big enough for a wax box?)

Also, would they grade each pack with a Label that identifies FASB (From a Sealed Box), and also includes a unique ID for the Box?
example:
1993 SP Baseball
Foil Pack (FASB)
Box#100 - Pack #01 / Box#100 - Pack #02 / all the way to Box#100 - Pack#24

By assigning a unique Box#, someone could theoretically put the box back together by having all 24 packs from the same Box#. Or perhaps sell each pack in a special auction with all 24 packs auctioned from the same Box#.

My goal is to remove any doubts from a potential buyer. As of now, any pack that is graded might have been from a box where the owner opened packs until they pulled the Jeter, and then submitted the remaining packs from the box. There might be doubles in the original box, but I like my chances knowing a pack has a 1:24 chance of pulling a Jeter (which you would think are the odds if they put on the label the pack was FASB).

Comments

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019 9:21AM

They don't currently do that but it's not a bad idea going forward. I have to imagine '86 Fleer basketball packs that came from a legit full box would have a significant premium over just regular packs.

Arthur

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

For those Fleer packs (and other Fleer products from that era), because the cards often follow a pattern, PSA should take it one step further. Label then From a Sealed Box (FASB), and also place a "Cover" of some sort to hide any cards you can see through the wrapper. You should still be able to see what type of pack is graded - so not sure if a Full "Cover" is feasible. or maybe the cover itself is an insert that looks like the pack that is graded?