Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Funny! "L.A. Beast" pulls a 1986 Fleer Jordan, sends it to PSA

jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm not sure if any of you follow this dude on Youtube, but he's mostly known for consuming large amounts of gross things like OLD bottles of original Clear Pepsi, cactus' and ghost peppers. His Youtube handle is skippy62able, or more well-known as L.A. Beast. I've been following him for years, and he's quite funny.

Anyway, he recently posted a video of himself opening two packs of 1986 Fleer Basketball, in hopes of pulling the Jordan. He bought these packs on ebay, and I thought there was no way these are authentic unopened since they were not slabbed. He goes on to explain how to look for counterfeit Jordans, then proceeds to open the two packs.

The video is hilarious, because he's using gloves, but when he pulls the big one, he accidentally SPITS on the card in his excitement! Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI3xRzUjjFE&feature=youtu.be

So fast-forward a few weeks, and he finally receives the card back from PSA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qap-qGB25I&feature=youtu.be

Kinda crazy that he's giving it away, but I found the whole process pretty entertaining. Thought you all might enjoy it!

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolute classic! I love his reaction when he first spots the Jordan! I would have had the same reaction!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

very cool

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how much the spit stain killed the grade.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff. Thanks for the entertainment.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

They beeped out the first 2 “sh*ts”, let the 3rd one fly, then beeped a 4th :D

Jim

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you jeffcbay for finding us a good laugh. We salute thee.🍻

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

cool video. I know cards aren't always mint out of packs, and i know he spit on it, but it's still odd to see a card come out of a pack with that much corner and edge wear. Don't see to many pack fresh cards get a psa 4 unless way off centered. Maybe the pack was not handled well over the years?

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

That card looks a lot better than a 4. Must be something we can't see or he could have got the grader of death. As you know these packs run in 3 numbers in a row. The last pack I opened I had 58, 59, 60 one card away from the Jordan.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

That was a good watch, too bad centering was so off on that card!!

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

He likely manhandled it and creased it at some point is the best guess. Otherwise with only corner wear would have likely been a 6. I doubt his spit had anything to do with the grade as he likely wiped it off.

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

I was thinking he might’ve inserted a pre owned Jordan and staged the fresh pack opening. The video turned viral in the card world. Fun either way

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums