Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Right around the corner

Yes, finally May is right around the corner, which means my card budget is back in full swing! I will be off card ordering probation, and my probation officer, aka my wife, will be off my back. I have already started pondering what I will be hunting for. I have a pretty good Joe Louis boxing card collection going, so I think I will see if I can find any of my white whale Joe Louis cards. I'm always adding to my Larry Bird collection, and my baseball section could also use a shot in the arm. Around here a new month means a new adventure! What will you all be working on come May?

Comments

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Congratulations. Strike when the irons hot.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Careful.... You'll break your.....

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@krisd3279 said:
    Careful.... You'll break your.....

No, but if I go over the budget next month then you know who might crack my coconuts.

• Options

Time to step up and reclaim your manhood.

• Options

@akuracy503 said:

I wish I had that kind of courage. Two words.......... yes ma'am.😉

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2019 6:48PM

@doubledragon said:

@akuracy503 said:

I couldn’t live like that.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

@Gemyanks10 said:

@doubledragon said:

@akuracy503 said:

I couldn’t live like that.

It's not so bad. I get an hour of yard time a day, plus all the bread and water I want.😉

• Options

Doubledragon you remind me of someone who used to post here years ago....?

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

doubledragon, by chance is your wife a red head? If so, then I totally understand. ;)

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

The only thing right around the corner is your wife with a Louisville slugger just waiting for you to go over budget haha

• Options

@akuracy503 said:
    Doubledragon you remind me of someone who used to post here years ago....?

I've only been a member since March. I guess I just remind people of past members because I like to have fun on the forum. Keep it interesting. The last thing we need is a zombie graveyard.

• Options

@jeffcbay said:
    doubledragon, by chance is your wife a red head? If so, then I totally understand. ;)

No, but her eyes turn red when I get caught going past the budget!😂

• Options

@lawnmowerman said:
    The only thing right around the corner is your wife with a Louisville slugger just waiting for you to go over budget haha

More like waiting with a pair of nutcrackers!😉

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

I'm new to the forum also. You are very entertaining doubledragon!! Try taking the wife to a card show and give her some cash to buy whatever she wants. It may surprise you.

• Options

@sayheywyo said:
    I'm new to the forum also. You are very entertaining doubledragon!! Try taking the wife to a card show and give her some cash to buy whatever she wants. It may surprise you.

Yes, I do try to have some fun. Welcome to the forum. I actually try to get her interested in sports but no luck yet. She would rather watch Maury. The DNA results are in! You are NOT the father!!!!!

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take her over to the PSA/DNA booth at the National. She may get just as much enjoyment hearing..."The results are in...and you are NOT the owner of an authentic Ted Williams autograph!"

• Options

@countdouglas said:
    Take her over to the PSA/DNA booth at the National. She may get just as much enjoyment hearing..."The results are in...and you are NOT the owner of an authentic Ted Williams autograph!"

Not bad, but she also needs her lie detector test results fix! "The lie detector test determined, THAT WAS A LIE"! 😉

• Options

Can you start a youtube video blog? Especially mailday. I want to see mailday.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@akuracy503 said:

Just YouTube 'West Virginia husband wife fights'

• Options
    GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

I got my girl into sports by telling her there is a hot guy on the Yankees(Jeter). She is now entering her 20th yeat as a partial season ticket holder and approves of all my purchases as long as once in a while I buy something Jeter related. .

• Options

@akuracy503 said:

Unfortunately, I have none of the equipment to start one. All we have is an outdated computer, that I pray doesn't break down.

• Options

As long as I don't go past the budget, I will be safe. If I go past the budget and get caught, well, I don't have to tell you what will happen. They'll be trouble. By the truckload

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Come may I'll still be working on the 48 leaf boxing set. I'm 4 years in. Still need 20 or so cards to finish. My fiance doesn't put the shebang on me too often. My of my spending money comes from my antique booth profits or eBay sales.

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:

@akuracy503 said:

Just YouTube 'West Virginia husband wife fights'

Was hoping Florida. But West Virginia works, too!

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, finally May is right around the corner, which means my card budget is back in full swing! I will be off card ordering probation, and my probation officer, aka my wife, will be off my back. I have already started pondering what I will be hunting for. I have a pretty good Joe Louis boxing card collection going, so I think I will see if I can find any of my white whale Joe Louis cards. I'm always adding to my Larry Bird collection, and my baseball section could also use a shot in the arm. Around here a new month means a new adventure! What will you all be working on come May?

Glad to see others are collecting boxing (Joe Louis). I’ve been grabbing lots of HOF vintage boxing cards and feel they are cheap. I realize interest in the sport has diminished, but great history behind these athletes/cards.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:

@doubledragon said:

Glad to see others are collecting boxing (Joe Louis). I’ve been grabbing lots of HOF vintage boxing cards and feel they are cheap. I realize interest in the sport has diminished, but great history behind these athletes/cards.

Boxing has some of the greatest cards in the hobby. People are really missing out.