Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Twitter users

For those of you who don't know, Twitter has become pretty big in the baseball card hobby. Forgive me if this has already been talked about but I couldn't find anything on a search. I actually created an account solely for my Korean baseball cards but also share other things. I've been using it for the hobby alone for about a year and enjoy what seeing what everyone else posts. Whether it be their pickups, what art someone created or what they have for B/S/T. If you are on there, feel free to post what your Twitter handle is.

I am @KoreanCardboard

Dan

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skrezyna23 said:
    For those of you who don't know, Twitter has become pretty big in the baseball card hobby. Forgive me if this has already been talked about but I couldn't find anything on a search. I actually created an account solely for my Korean baseball cards but also share other things. I've been using it for the hobby alone for about a year and enjoy what seeing what everyone else posts. Whether it be their pickups, what art someone created or what they have for B/S/T. If you are on there, feel free to post what your Twitter handle is.

I am @KoreanCardboard

Dan

I didn't know and thanks for the info. I might just sign up and see if I can hunt down some of my white whale cards.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is loads of great wrestling content on there and I too have been active on Twitter. I had a great exchange recently with Dutch Mantel about his 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B card and he isn't happy about not ever being compensated or asked for his permission for it to be made.

@dpeck100

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

@skrezyna23 said:

I am @KoreanCardboard

Dan

Dan are you on Instagram? I am interested in seeing your Korean player collection.
    I always check out Doosan Bears and LG Twins games whenever I am in Korea visiting.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options

@Dpeck100 said:
    There is loads of great wrestling content on there and I too have been active on Twitter. I had a great exchange recently with Dutch Mantel about his 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series B card and he isn't happy about not ever being compensated or asked for his permission for it to be made.

@dpeck100

Was Dutch Mantel ever in Portland Wrestling? That name rings a bell from my youth growing up watching the Don Owens promotion.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@akuracy503 said:

@Dpeck100 said:

@dpeck100

Was Dutch Mantel ever in Portland Wrestling? That name rings a bell from my youth growing up watching the Don Owens promotion.

Not sure. Quick Google search didn't return anything but wouldn't surprise me if he worked there at one point. He was big in the Memphis promotion for many years.

He will no longer sign the card for his normal autograph fee. It was just through the private message function but he sounded really ticked off about it. I said I thought the magazine who made the cards probably thought the wrestlers would think it was an honor and good exposure for them. He still wanted money! Haha

• Options

The old school wrestlers lived a tough life. I can't even begin to understand the hustler mentality they needed to survive.

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2019 6:38PM

@akuracy503 said:

Dan are you on Instagram? I am interested in seeing your Korean player collection.
    I always check out Doosan Bears and LG Twins games whenever I am in Korea visiting.

I have two Instagram accounts, but I don't use the baseball card one that much (koreancardboard). Twitter would be much better to follow me and keep up with what I am doing regarding my PC and Korean cards.

koreancardboard.blogspot.com
    twitter.com/koreancardboard

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m on Twitter @legendsofthe716

Only post about hockey or the hobby. Not sure who else that matters to but I follow a fair number of people who also collect but as soon is there is a political or religious post I’m out. Completely respect your right to an opinion. Even if I agree I unfollow. No offense intended but it’s not what I’m there for.

Kevin

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2019 6:49PM