Home Sports Talk
Options

This is a dull thread that you will probably want to skip.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 21, 2019 8:01PM in Sports Talk

I like to listen to the U of Arizona baseball games on the radio. Not a fan of the pros and it nice to have the sound of live baseball in the background.

The odd part is, the announcer (Brian Jeffries) is an insufferable homer on football and basketball to the point of where I can't listen for more than a few minutes. Baseball he has a cool presentation, knows the game well and the slight tilt to the home team is barely perceived.

Maybe it is the less hectic nature of the game. More likely, it is the low revenue produced by college baseball, so the pressure is not on him to sound like an idiot as he does on the high revenue sports.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

You were right.....I should have skipped. B)

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

You was warned.

If I could change one thing in the college game, it would be getting rid of the metal bats. Wood sounds much better.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    You was warned.

If I could change one thing in the college game, it would be getting rid of the metal bats. Wood sounds much better.

Not only that, but it would better prepare them for the next level.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somehow this will turn into a post Easter donnybrook. Have faith

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s college baseball?

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct. This is so boring that not only will I not comment, I will not even open it.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have any of you ever listened to the radio broadcast of a game while watching the same game on TV?