Home Sports Talk

How long do you give Justin Bour till he either gets benched, sent to the Minors or traded??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

At his current pace I think it'll be before next week on the benching, before June on the Minors and the trade deadline for an exit to another Team. You can't last in MLB when you make Little League mistakes.

Al H.

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of him. Who is he?

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

The runner on first is an idiot as well.

Maybe baseball IS dying!?!?!?!?!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

why was the runner on first an idiot?? even if he hangs up half-way to second he's a dead duck at either base. when Bour headed to the dugout he sealed the deal for the DP, either if the ball is caught or allowed to fall.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like they spend very little time on baserunning or bunting especially in the American League. In the AL it’s strikeout or homerun centric. Makes for boring baseball

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@keets said:
    why was the runner on first an idiot?? even if he hangs up half-way to second he's a dead duck at either base. when Bour headed to the dugout he sealed the deal for the DP, either if the ball is caught or allowed to fall.

From the story I read he didn't go 1/2 way, just assumed the ball would be caught.

He wouldn't have necessarily been a "dead duck" had he played it correctly, forcing a good catch/throw/catch/tag at least gives him a chance. Standing at the bag gives him none if the defense is alert, as they were here.

Your reasoning then excuses the batter, he's a "dead duck" easy pop fly, he doesn't have a chance.

That's why things were taught the way they were in the "old days".

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Never heard of him. Who is he?

Hey, I agree with Dimeman. I have a feeling that knowing this guy might be limited to people who play fantasy baseball or who follow the Anaheim Angels.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the runner probably wasn't watching the batter, he was watching the ball as he should have. when he realized what was happening it was too late. there's just no excusing Bour for a really, really stupid play. it all stems from what you say, though, the basics. a manager can't force guys to run out grounders or pop-ups, all he can really do is sit them for a while and then the fans get on his case.

there are too many players in the minors waiting for a chance to play.

Baseball may not be dead, but it's on life support as far as I am concerned.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

The guys that are actually playing in the games don't know the basics its a sign of something

@bronco2078 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

The guys that are actually playing in the games don't know the basics its a sign of something

Seen anyone try to bunt lately? hahahahahahaha