Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA pop report drops?

Question on PSA pop report. A week ago when I check the 1993 SP Jeter psa 9 pop report, it was at 593. Today I checked it is at 591. How does it dropped?

Comments

• Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

It could be cards that were id'd incorrectly being corrected.

Another possibility is they were sent in for review and were assigned a different grade.

Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cards get cracked out and sometimes people send in the cert to have it removed from the population total is another possible reason.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

Wow - 1993 SP Jeter Rookie in a PSA 9 holder. I would be nervous to try and crack that out. However, if it looks really really good maybe try for an SGC 9.5 crossover?

• Options

@DotStore said:
    Wow - 1993 SP Jeter Rookie in a PSA 9 holder. I would be nervous to try and crack that out. However, if it looks really really good maybe try for an SGC 9.5 crossover?

There are a lot of speculators in the card world who will crack out very expensive cards and try and send them back to PSA raw.

I know of an expensive wrestling card that was cracked from a 9 and sent to SGC for the Gem grade but it only bumped the value a few hundred so not sure it turned out as hoped but that is a plausible scenario.

When a card bumps from a 9 to a 10 the pop changes on both so unless you saw the 10 population expand it is a crack out or a cross over to another third party grader.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2019 6:01AM

I know when I submit cards for review, whether they bump or not, they are always removed from the pop while in PSA's possession. This is the most likely reason for the Jeter PSA 9's missing (currently being reviewed for 10).

• Options

@secretstash

I forgot about this option. You are correct and probably the real reason in this case.

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Great incite in this thread.

Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?