Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Submission question

Hey everyone

First time submitting to PSA and I had a couple of questions. See the photo below as you can see the card savers fit nicely in a 330 count box. My other questions are .... should I tape the top of the card savers? ... should I tape all 16 card savers together as one and finally if I do tape them all together should I also put cardboard on the top and bottom of the pile then tape the whole thing together? Appreciate you help/suggestions thank you Craig!

Working on 1961 1972 1973 topps sets

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do not put any tape on the card savers. If anything, I would put a rubber band around them, but to be honest, that's not even necessary with packaging as snug as that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

If I were you, I would double box it... Fill that box with packing peanuts (or whetever else you have), and seal it... Then, put it in a larger box (like a medium Flat Rate box) and ship it that way... The edges of your Card Savers are snug up against the edges of that box, and if USPS drops it on the corner, you'd be SOL.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

i would agree with Desert...dont ship just that one box. I could easily see that getting smushed from the sides and bending the cards. for just a few like that the flat rate USPS boxes work great. you can fill with either bubble wrap or peanuts.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, definitely place that box inside another box with lots of peanuts or bubble wrap.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    CsmontieCsmontie Posts: 184 ✭✭

thanks everyone for the suggestions and comments I appreciate you help Craig

Working on 1961 1972 1973 topps sets
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Csmontie said:
    Hey everyone

First time submitting to PSA and I had a couple of questions. See the photo below as you can see the card savers fit nicely in a 330 count box. My other questions are .... should I tape the top of the card savers? ... should I tape all 16 card savers together as one and finally if I do tape them all together should I also put cardboard on the top and bottom of the pile then tape the whole thing together? Appreciate you help/suggestions thank you Craig!

That would be a GREAT way to ruin your cards. PSA 1 here we come!

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

The cards that come back from grading have excellent boxes to ship raw cards in,they work great for me first i stack the cards that are placed in a card saver 1 then i cut a piece two pieces of sturdy cardboard that fits the outside diameter of the card saver then i wrap the submission form around the package with rubber bans by the length than width x2 , there should be plenty of room for some folded Scott towels to be placed at the bottom, top and sides,remember if you can hear the cards rattling when you shake the soon to be sealed box place they will bounce around so more Scott towel is needed, i always buy a bigger padded plastic bubble wrap envelope that would easily accommodate the box that the cards are being shipped in,always place fragile stickers on the envelope.I noticed in your image that the card saver is directly against the sides there must be a buffer between the card saver and the inside of the box.