Home Q & A Forum
Options

I have another George Washington 1897 Medal, not signed?

fretboardfretboard Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
edited April 18, 2019 3:55PM in Q & A Forum

Here's another one, and by the way I just ordered a book listed below but it's more fun to ask you guys, besides it hasn't been delivered yet. I checked that website link but my token didn't come up at all. My magnets are crappy but I'm thinking this one is actually bronze. The size is 25.3mm and it weighs 7.1 grams! Anyone know?

Medallic Portraits of Washington 2nd Ed Rulau Fuld

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have an iPad? There’s a magnetic strip along the right edge. Purpose is for those iPad flip cases; but works well in checking coins with ferrous elements.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/sn/jqb1akhpmrgr.gif

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait for the book and then let us confirm your opinion. Only folks new to counterfeit detection believe in magnets. After you collect for a while, you'll realize that most "magnetic" counterfeits can be detected with just your eyes!

• Options

Yeah, sounds like a plan Insider. ~Cheers! :D

• Options

We could tell you but you'll lean nothing about researching stuff. We never had the Internet and that was a really bad time to try researching something.

Have you typed the words on the token into the internet? Use all different combos if it does not pop up.

1897 Washington monument token.
    Washington monument phila. token.
    George Washington 1732 - 1799 token.
    etc.

• Options

Yeah, I hear ya' up there Insider! :) I got the book and was able to locate the token but it's not about anything at all. Dang it! :D I was thinking 1897 it should be worth some big money but no way Jose! :D It's just not in the cards for me this time, not this time anyways. That's okay, I'll keep looking as ya' never know. :)

• Options

Just remember that book was written long ago so the prices on many pieces may not be correct.

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    Just remember that book was written long ago so the prices on many pieces may not be correct.

Yeah, tell me about it! :D I was shocked looking at all the extremely low prices. Oh well, it's just another addition to my small library references, just another item in my arsenal. ~Cheers! :D