Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New 1961 Topps Autographs PSA registry set

My request was finally approved! I requested 1961 Topps Autographs baseball set. Originally I was only going with the world series theme (Pirates and Yankees autos) but I ended up purchasing a few hall of fame players. So I scrapped the world series and started the entire year as a registry set. Currently I am #1 (it is nice to be on top!) but I know that won't last long. So to all my fellow 1961 Topps auto collectors, welcome!

Comments

• Options
    rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

Good luck in your endeavor! I will have to check out your set. I currently do not have any 1961 Topps signed cards in my HOF registry set, so I am not able to join in at the moment.
    -Michael

Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, sounds like an awesome project! Is there a link to your set? I’d like to drool, but also I might have 1 or 2 that would help.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rounding3rd said:
    Good luck in your endeavor! I will have to check out your set. I currently do not have any 1961 Topps signed cards in my HOF registry set, so I am not able to join in at the moment.
    -Michael

Thanks, but I only have just over 4% completed at this time. I couldn't believe that there wasn't a registry set made for autos of that year.

@DBesse27 said:
    Wow, sounds like an awesome project! Is there a link to your set? I’d like to drool, but also I might have 1 or 2 that would help.

Thanks. The only link I have is my set name PAB1969. It is the only set for 1961 Topps autographs at this time. Any help would be appreciated.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2019 1:27PM

Best of Luck Phil!

Do you have a list of "tough" autos - perhaps people who died early on and may be impossible to pick up?

Do you know some people who are also attempting to do the entire set?

I looked at the Grote - so I'm guessing you'll just go with "authentic" on the autos with no grades of them?

Are you gonna pick them up raw and get graded or just buy graded cards?

Mike
  • Options

Thanks larkincollcector. I couldn't figure how to post that.

• Options

@Stone193 said:
    Best of Luck Phil!

Do you have a list of "tough" autos - perhaps people who died early on and may be impossible to pick up?

Do you know some people who are also attempting to do the entire set?

I looked at the Grote - so I'm guessing you'll just go with "authentic" on the autos with no grades of them?

Are you gonna pick them up raw and get graded or just buy graded cards?

Hello and thanks Mike. For now, I am purchasing autos of hall of fame players and continuing on my world series theme but I figured I would start a registry so that anyone who had any 61 autos could join in. I am not too particular if they are graded or not. However, I will only purchase red flips. I haven't thought about purchasing raw because there seems to be a steady flow of graded ones for sale. Maybe as the set progresses along I will reconsider. As for tough autos I don't have a list, I am sure there are going to be difficult challenges ahead with many autos. I don't personally know of any other people trying to complete the set. I am hoping there are many other collectors out there because looking at my name being number one all time and on the current registry lists is too funny. Phil

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Phil, I think I have several you could use, but they’re raw and I saw your note about not buying any for your set unless they’re already PSA slabbed with red flips. Does this apply to trades too? I would consider trading mine for similar raw autos. If that interests you, please pm me. If you’re not interested in buying or trading, no problem.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:
    Hi Phil, I think I have several you could use, but they’re raw and I saw your note about not buying any for your set unless they’re already PSA slabbed with red flips. Does this apply to trades too? I would consider trading mine for similar raw autos. If that interests you, please pm me. If you’re not interested in buying or trading, no problem.

Hello. I have no other autos other than the 1961's in my set or I would have traded with you. Thanks anyway, Phil.

• Options

Latest addition. Hello again Mr. Berra!

• Options

Oops I forgot to add the photo.