Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Deleted

USAFRETWIUSAFRETWI Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Deleted

Comments

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

Are you going to hunt him down and teach him a lesson?

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you bid and win, you pay. I always pay the second I win.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

I used to do the same, but lately with auctions I win from PWCC and Probstein I wait until their allowable pay date. Other sellers might allow "x" number of days to pay, so I always check their payment policy. If they require immediate payment I always pay as soon as I win the lot.

On multiple occasions waiting to pay has benefited me because eBay Bucks promo's came out during the "grace" period, and I got 10% back in eBay Bucks (vs. the standard 1% eBay Bucks). This added up to about $300 last quarter...

• Options
    USAFRETWIUSAFRETWI Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

Dot, I’m totally fine with that but as a seller just let me know what your plan is. No communication whatsoever by the person.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USAFRETWI said:
    Dot, I’m totally fine with that but as a seller just let me know what your plan is. No communication whatsoever by the person.

No communication is totally unacceptable.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, communication is key. I am currently in the claim process with a buyer now. I am a patient seller and if the buyer would only answer my messages or relay to me a reason for the delay I would be fine with waiting for payment.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DotStore said:

@doubledragon said:

I used to do the same, but lately with auctions I win from PWCC and Probstein I wait until their allowable pay date. Other sellers might allow "x" number of days to pay, so I always check their payment policy. If they require immediate payment I always pay as soon as I win the lot.

On multiple occasions waiting to pay has benefited me because eBay Bucks promo's came out during the "grace" period, and I got 10% back in eBay Bucks (vs. the standard 1% eBay Bucks). This added up to about $300 last quarter...

Actually, using the eBay Bucks, you must win and pay for the item during the promotional period. They do not allow you to get the extra bucks if you win the item before the bucks promotion starts.

"I received an extra eBay Bucks promotional offer; when will my eBay Bucks be posted to my account?
    On promotion day(s), you must purchase and pay (and/or sell depending on the promotion) for your item(s) on that same day(s) to qualify for the extra eBay Bucks."

• Options

@jfkheat said:

@DotStore said:

@doubledragon said:

Actually, using the eBay Bucks, you must win and pay for the item during the promotional period. They do not allow you to get the extra bucks if you win the item before the bucks promotion starts.

"I received an extra eBay Bucks promotional offer; when will my eBay Bucks be posted to my account?
    On promotion day(s), you must purchase and pay (and/or sell depending on the promotion) for your item(s) on that same day(s) to qualify for the extra eBay Bucks."

All I know is it what works for me. eBay Bucks Promo (or special coupon) I just check out with the items I already won (from a prior day) and I get the promo.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

The % off promos will work if you wait to pay.

• Options

I have a couple of items I won at PWCC and Probstein - so hopefully they run a promo in the next week or so and I can report back to make sure it still works. I hope they don't monitor this forum and close the loophole in their software...

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2019 10:23AM

@DotStore said:

@jfkheat said:

@DotStore said:

@doubledragon said:

All I know is it what works for me. eBay Bucks Promo (or special coupon) I just check out with the items I already won (from a prior day) and I get the promo.

You will get bonus ebay bucks if you win an item during the activation period but pay after the bonus bucks expiration but you will not get bonus bucks if you win the item before the activation period and pay before the bonus bucks expiration (even though it will seem like it when you are checking out).

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

@DotStore said:

@jfkheat said:

@DotStore said:

@doubledragon said:

You will get bonus ebay bucks if you win an item during the activation period but pay after the bonus bucks expiration but you will not get bonus bucks if you win the item before the activation period and pay before the bonus bucks expiration (even though it will seem like it when you are checking out).

The last Item I won I waited (up until 10 days for Probstein). On the 9th day I got a special 15% Coupon. I used it on an item I won for $750 and I got $100 off the item. So at least that works for sure.

Regarding the eBay Bucks when I go to checkout it tells me I will earn "X" Dollars in eBay Bucks -- so I have to verify that I actually do get those bucks at the next time they distribute the eBay Bucks coupon.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 18, 2019 10:45AM

The % off coupon codes work for purchases made at any time but for the eBay bucks it works as I posted above.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

As others have stated, this waiting to pay tactic works for coupons (10% off, 15% etc) that come out after the listing has ended but not for eBay bucks deals that come out after the listing has ended. This is 100% the case.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

I give them a week, then relist

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller