Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Grade Results in Jumbled Order?

TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 17, 2019 1:01PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Is this happening for anybody else? In the past, the results screen showed everything in order by cert#.

Over the last month, my last few modern grade results have cert numbers in jumbled order. A few from line 1 here, a few from line one towards the end, etc.

Ultimately not that big a deal, but wondering what exactly has changed? Freaks you out when you're expecting certain results in the first three lines and they're at the end.

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    Is this happening for anybody else? In the past, the results screen showed everything in order by cert#.

Over the last month, my last few modern grade results have cert numbers in jumbled order. A few from line 1 here, a few from line one towards the end, etc.

Ultimately not that big a deal, but wondering what exactly has changed? Freaks you out when you're expecting certain results in the first three lines and they're at the end.

Using the app or the website? I’m going to check both.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2019 12:55PM

@Hemispherical said:

@Tetromibi said:

Using the app or the website? I’m going to check both.

Both.

Actually, it looks like my line numbers are getting split up for some reason. E.g. I submit 8 of coin A. Results are reported as having 6 of coin A in one line and 2 of coin a on a later line.

Maybe it's just a data entry thing? I just haven't seen this happen before the last few weeks. Historically it always matched the order on my submission paperwork with multiples of the same coin not getting split into separate spots on the submission.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2019 1:04PM

My last couple of orders are in order by line of the submission form and the certs are sequential and displayed in that order.

I do have an order “in process” so I’ll see if there is change in how it’s displayed when that gets done.

Edit: Based upon your edit, what I’ve found is that our hosts makes separate lines even if you have multiple coins for one line. Agree that’s probably the timing of the data entry based upon which slab they scan/type in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file