Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1996 w dime pcgs ms 69 on ebay

ebay # 312566509944 would like to what the value of this dime really is & make an offer, any input would be helpful !!! thanks !!!

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to say with a relatively low population and little to no public sales history. Looks like the seller has the coin and can pretty much put whatever price they want on it... just depends on how much a prospective buyer wants one right now. Not like you can go to the next seller if you don't like the price (unless you're willing to wait awhile) and the seller likely knows that.

That said, if I were looking for that coin in PCGS MS69, I would think $1200 is too high. I figure it's a $500-$750 retail coin. Hundreds of thousands of these out there still in Mint plastic and there are certainly plenty of MS69s out there if you're willing to spend the time and money to submit a bunch... and if this one sells for $1200, might just motivate me to dig through my stash of 1996 Mint sets to see what I have!!

Good luck!

:+1:

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2019 12:49AM

@dimebag

Welcome to the forum.

Always look up the cert number; there is a purpose for slabbing.

PCGS Price guide (which is usually a very high end estimate) is $400; but there is no current auction history so it’s hard to tell the value of this dime.

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1996-w-10c/5189/69

Ultimately, it comes down between what a buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to let it go for. Time for some negotiating.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

At 1200 my PCGS68 suits me just fine! ;)

• Options
    dimebagdimebag Posts: 108 ✭✭

thanks for the input !! last year when i found it on ebay it was on at about $ 875.00 buy it now , then it jumped to $ 1400.00 then it went down to the current $ 1200.00 i think i'll hold off for a little bit & see what happens.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

what I learned from Nick..

Has the same weight of a $40 MS67FB.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

I would much rather have an MS68FB. You can pick one up for under $200.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    I would much rather have an MS68FB. You can pick one up for under $200.

It all depends on which set is more important to you.......the FB or NON FB. I know the FB is more important to you and several others here. For me the Non FB is more important to me as it is the only set I have a chance at regaining 1st place. The FB coins don't get a bonus there.......so a 69 is better than a 68FB.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

It all depends on which set is more important to you.......the FB or NON FB. I know the FB is more important to you and several others here. For me the Non FB is more important to me as it is the only set I have a chance at regaining 1st place. The FB coins don't get a bonus there.......so a 69 is better than a 68FB.

I agree if you're a non-FB collector. But what value would you place on the MS69? If you're not a registry player or not concerned with building a top 3 set I would still prefer an MS68FB over an MS69 unless the price points were within 20% of each other. Then I would prefer the MS69.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I agree if you're a non-FB collector. But what value would you place on the MS69? If you're not a registry player or not concerned with building a top 3 set I would still prefer an MS68FB over an MS69 unless the price points were within 20% of each other. Then I would prefer the MS69.

I always prefer the higher grade. Weather or not I would by the 69 would depend on the price. Actually if you look at my
    96-W it looks like a 69 and the bands look full. I wouldn't spend much on an upgrade at this time unless the coin was really nice. MS clads can be all over the place as far as eye appeal.

• Options

i owned one of the green label pcgs 69's 10-12 years ago, but lost my job & had to sell it. then came across this one on ebay & thought maybe i should find out what it's really worth before i pay big bucks for it.

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were you I would listen to OnlyRoosies as he is the primere Roosevelt Dime expert.
    My opinion is to go with a MS68FB specimen. Nice to have a MS69 and I'm sure it has some FB, but at that lofty grade, it's better to go with the 8FB. Now if you were talking about this dime being an MS69FB, it probably wouldn't have hit eBay and would be in a top set already.

It's funny how this coin hasn't popped into an 8+FB or the 9FB. Time will tell.

BTW, if ur going for the MS69, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it tops.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

thanks ! i'm sure it would be an insult to offer $ 300.00 but i'm sure you & everyone else is right !!! i have alot to learn !!!

• Options
    edited April 19, 2019 11:01AM

@dimebag said:
    thanks ! i'm sure it would be an insult to offer $ 300.00 but i'm sure you & everyone else is right !!! i have alot to learn !!!

The coin isn’t selling at the price he’s asking, so that should be an indication that it’s overpriced. Offer him $300.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

I bought a coin off eBay that was listed at $2000. I waited a month then offered $700. It was excepted. Make the offer, you never know.

• Options

@onlyroosies said:
    I bought a coin off eBay that was listed at $2000. I waited a month then offered $700. It was excepted. Make the offer, you never know.

I agree.....it never hurts to ask.

• Options

yep, it never hurt's ask, let's see what happens !!!

• Options

Here is my 96-W. I can't see a thing wrong with it and the bands sure look full.

• Options

yep, it looks like a fb me ! i just submitted my offer up to $400.00 & got turned down !!!

• Options

@dimebag said:
    yep, it looks like a fb me ! i just submitted my offer up to $400.00 & got turned down !!!

If you shop around, you could possibly get 4 MS68FB's for that price. Personally I would rather have the 68's.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

that's a good way of thinking

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

My 68FB I got for 150 a few years ago

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options

yep, between $150- $180.00 & most with free shipping.

• Options

Got mine for $110 delivered with a QA sticker on 07/11/17. Prices should be around that now or slightly lower. To pay anything higher is giving $$$ away.

BTW, I remember one selling for $999 on eBay a few yrs back.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

shop around & you can always find one cheaper !!! i noticed since this thread started there are 11 people watching that coin, last week no one was watching???

• Options

how about this one in ms 70 ebay #143240396862 starting bid $100.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!