Home Q & A Forum
Options

1962 Jefferson nickel fs or close?

Hey everyone. 3rd box of nickels and I found this little beauty.Compared to pcgs photos it looks close to there images of fs.appreciate your knowledge,input thanks!

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GEMan said:
    Hey everyone. 3rd box of nickels and I found this little beauty.Compared to pcgs photos it looks close to there images of fs.appreciate your knowledge,input thanks!

Sorry, no. Nics/cuts and right in the middle.

Full Steps
    Jefferson Nickels: MS60 or better, at least five complete steps must appear on Monticello. Any steps that join or fuse together, whether created that way or subsequently damaged, cannot be considered for the Full Steps designation.

https://www.pcgs.com/grades/#gradeFS

• Options
    GEManGEMan Posts: 60 ✭✭

Thanks I just found a sight with close ups and read that.Should have researched before posting,wouldn't be the first time thanks again!

• Options
    LyndagLyndag Posts: 99 ✭✭

But what about your doubled die.

• Options

Hey Lyndag.sorry been busy didn't see a ddo.Thats normally what I look for.Theres just Soo many different things varieties, errors.If it's there I missed it got sidetracked with the full step deal.

• Options

Still learning and need to keep up with posts I start.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2019 12:39PM

A most unfortunate placement of hits across the steps.
    Actually I guess not all that unfortunate, just looked and it seems 62 isn't hard to come by with FS.

Collector, occasional seller