Home Q & A Forum
Options

1961d nickel

Hi everyone.At first glance i thought wow, who does that and how?Looking closer I'm not so sure that was intentional?

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone was playing with an engraving pen or similar. The mint would not engrave MONEY on a die. ( PMD )

• Options
    GEManGEMan Posts: 60 ✭✭

Thanks.I was hesitant to post it figuring I would get a response like that or similar.I see markings on the building that kind of match the word money.My eyes playing tricks on me.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like they tried to do a cigarette too. :)

• Options

Yeah that may be a cigarette? Good box of nickels so far 36 buffalo,41s needed a break from the pennies!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Smoking a cig with bluetooth ear bud. Thomas was ahead of his time! LOL :D

• Options

I can hear whoever now"Hey there's my nickel haha gottem

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GEMan said:
    Thanks.I was hesitant to post it figuring I would get a response like that or similar.I see markings on the building that kind of match the word money.My eyes playing tricks on me.

Feel free to post them as long as you can handle the truth. :p

It's always interesting to see what odd things people do to coins.

• Options
    LyndagLyndag Posts: 99 ✭✭

Don’t feel bad, I see letters numbers horses etc etc in the field all the time. I just chalk it up to post mint damage or damage during the minting. It’s never what I want it to be......RARE and/or VALUABLE. 🤪🤪

• Options

Glad you said that lyndag about horses because I also see horses and all kinds of animals especially on Lincoln cents.Thats not my eyes the animals are there.