Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2000 Fleer Autographics GOLD - Marshall Faulk!

foldedKKAAfoldedKKAA Posts: 8

Help!!! I recently cracked a 2000 Fleer box and came across an incredible Marshall Faulk GOLD Autographics card. I immediately did the obvious thing and went to eBay to find listings to get an idea of the price. Problem is I cannot find it ANYWHERE I mean no one has it listed on any site or auction house. I have a few emails out to the auction houses and to Beckett's to get just a general idea of what kind of value the GOLD Marshall Faulk Autographic might have. I see the regular card (non Silver or GOLD) goes for about $40 ungraded. Seems reasonable. But now my intrigue is through the roof for this GOLD card. Anyone have any idea what this card might be worth. Let's call it NR MT/MT (ungraded). I am still deciding if I want to submit it to PSA but first want to get an idea of value. Thanks for reading. Hoping someone has some history with this card or knows a price.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that you cannot find anything on it anywhere is a great sign. It's rare. If I were you I would be clinging to it forever. I love cards like that. If I found a card like that, I would hit the roof. You probably just found a really rare Marshall Faulk card. Congrats!

• Options

Have it slabbed. Preserve it, protect it. It's already making me jealous! I love Marshall Faulk. One of the greatest players in history.

• Options
    edited April 12, 2019 2:47AM

I just checked on ebay, and they have 1 copy of a 2000 fleer autographics Marshall Faulk, but it's NOT A GOLD. It has 4 people watching it, which means it is highly sought after and rare. I would keep it and have it slabbed. It's one of a kind.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice pull. The only thing I can add here is that it looks like the gold autographics are numbered to 50, and I found 2 completed sales of Terrell Davis that were in the $50-ish range. I hope that Faulk is worth more than that for you.

• Options

I love the serial numbered cards. Only 50 of those exist. Great detective work nam812.

• Options
    foldedKKAAfoldedKKAA Posts: 8
    edited April 19, 2019 4:33PM

Thanks for the comments doubledragon and nam812. I also get really excited when I pull a card like this. Like I mentioned in my original post have literally reached out to a number of auction houses and grading companies and have finally heard back from several and NO ONE has had this card come across their desks yet. I see several SILVER and GOLD cards in that set, EXCEPT for Marshall Faulk. The Brady GOLD prices anywhere from $7-10K and I found a Kurt Warner SILVER sell for $500. In some other forums, many are telling me that in a situation where SILVER cards have 250 in circulation and GOLD only 50, that prices should increase by 150% (or more) from SILVER to GOLD. They also said I should use Warner as my price barometer since they are kind of equals. And since the Warner SILVER sold for $500 I've had recommendations that I should list my Faulk GOLD anywhere from $,1500 - $2,800! I have now posted it on eBay using the advice of other collectors (and even eBay advised $2,700). It's one of those cards where truly the market will dictate what the value of the card is. I'm also leaning towards your advice, doubledragon, of maybe just packing it away in my safety box. What do you guys think? Here is the card:

• Options

Well, if I owned it, I would keep it. Marshall Faulk is one of the all time greats, and it's a very rare card. It's a heck of a pull, and of course I'm jealous. It is truly a treasure and if I were you I would keep it. It's a masterpiece. Freakin beautiful card. Nothing better in this hobby than a really rare card like that.

• Options

I think you are right double. I mean it's 19 years later and I can't find it online anywhere and these companies are telling me they haven't sold it or graded it yet. I'm glad you share my excitement. I appreciate it.

• Options

If I pulled that card, I would fall out of my chair. It's a treasure. I love when things like this happen in the hobby. It's a masterpiece. The feeling you get when you go on a treasure hunt and strike big time gold. Congratulations on finding it. It's your decision to make, but it is beautiful.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Nice card. I always liked Marshall Fault as a player. Well deserving of his hof status

• Options

Thanks, Lawnmowerman. Just wish I knew more about it.

• Options
    edited April 19, 2019 5:29PM

@foldedKKAA said:

@foldedKKAA said:
    And recommendations that I should list my Faulk GOLD anywhere from $,1500 - $2,800

You're welcome.
    It's a great card but unfortunately I don't see it selling anywhere close to that price range. Yeah he's in the Hall of Fame. He won a Superbowl and was on a popular team. However, it's not a rookie card and he just isn't collected as hard by enthusiasts like an Emmitt Smith. Not to mention his firing from the NFL Network for allegedly groping female "co-workers". I think that turned a lot of people off and tarnishes his legacy.

• Options

Yeah, you may be right. Going to throw it out there and let the market decide.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@foldedKKAA said:

Did you check Worthpoint yet? Here's a link with a search for that card and I did see some Gold listings but you'll have to find someone with WP account so you can see the sold prices.
    https://www.worthpoint.com/inventory/search?query=marshall+faulk+2000+fleer+autographics+gold&currencyCode=USD&channels={}&max=100&sort=SaleDate&layout=grid&saleLocation=US&searchForm=search&_searchByTitle=&_img=&img=on&restrictTo=worldwide

• Options
  • Options

Awesome, erikthredd. Thank u so much for your help. Going to look into this now. Not sure how the regular, base card, just sold for $40 yesterday. The description of the above card mentions Jersey which my card does not have. i will look into it. Thanks again.

• Options

@foldedKKAA said:
    Awesome, erikthredd. Thank u so much for your help. Going to look into this now. Not sure how the regular, base card, just sold for $40 yesterday. The description of the above card mentions Jersey which my card does not have. i will look into it. Thanks again.

I think that meant the serial number 28 was his actual jersey number for the Rams. Good Luck though if you go the auction route.

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

• Options
    edited April 20, 2019 6:52AM

Whatever the value turns out to be, it's still a really cool pull of a rare Faulk card. Not many of those turn up these days. Marshall Faulk will always be one of the all time greats.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Being in this hobby we all know being a great player does not always mean the card equals great value. It's a popularity contest cut and dry.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

I just saw your listing on Ebay for this card. Man it looks nice. I love rare cards. Congrats again on your find.

• Options

Thanks doubledragon. I'll let you know how this all turns out :)

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

I think your asking price is optimistic. Based on what it will realistically sell for, you might want to hold on to it. I think it maxes out at around $50 on a good day. Anyone telling you 2500 is probably messing with you.

Look at Allen’s post for a good indication. Heck, you can look at recent sales of Faulk auto cards on eBay numbered /25, /5, /3, or even 1 of 1 that sell for $60 or less.

• Options
    edited April 21, 2019 9:05AM

$50-$75 at best. The reason auction houses have not seen any is because no one is going to send a $50 card to them.
    Nice card, but pump the breaks here.

• Options

From a collectors standpoint, personally, I would keep it. Not many of these pop up and I love a good rare card.

• Options

Really appreciate everyone's input. Very helpful.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    From a collectors standpoint, personally, I would keep it. Not many of these pop up and I love a good rare card.

That's the other thing concerning the card. numbered out of /50 is not rare anymore...…..back then maybe. There are 200+ auto's of Faulk currently for sale that are /50 or less at least.

• Options

@steel75 said:

@doubledragon said:

That's the other thing concerning the card. numbered out of /50 is not rare anymore...…..back then maybe. There are 200+ auto's of Faulk currently for sale that are /50 or less at least.

It all depends on the card. Some are easy to find and some take years to track down.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont know who is more excited about the card, foldedKKAA or doubledragon. lol

• Options

I know, I know, I have become obsessed with it. I guess I just love a good find like this. After all, isn't that what the hobby should be about. That childlike excitement we get when we find a special card. Bless this hobby's heart.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I know, I know, I have become obsessed with it. I guess I just love a good find like this. After all, isn't that what the hobby should be about. That childlike excitement we get when we find a special card. Bless this hobby's heart.

Sounds like you should hit the BIN on 5/1/19!!!!! Then let's see how you talk your way out of that one with the wife. Starting to pop my popcorn now.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@doubledragon said:

Sounds like you should hit the BIN on 5/1/19!!!!! Then let's see how you talk your way out of that one with the wife. Starting to pop my popcorn now.

Yes, and on 5/2/19, I wouldn't have any thumbs.🖒😉

• Options

Don't get me wrong here. Nice on card auto of a HOF...……………...BUT it isn't worth $2000, seriously

• Options

@steel75 said:
    Don't get me wrong here. Nice on card auto of a HOF...……………...BUT it isn't worth $2000, seriously

...and anywhere else for that matter.