Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Canada Nickel Dollars and Nickel 50 cents

YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

Canadian Nickel coins
is anyone interested in 39 Nickel dollars and 45 50 cent pieces
all absolutely UNC or better !!, some absolutely gorgeous.
IMO, it would not make sense to ship outside of Canada because of the shipping cost.
If interested, please PM
will also post in BST

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

what dates?

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

For many "older than 5 years" parking meters, nickel 50 cents ring through as loonies .. more than what you can get as "sellers". I give the nickel dollars to the cart girls and barkeeps at the golf course ... they love them as tips.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

If you happen to come across any 2018 or 2019 CDN halves, please let me know - - we still need them to keep our collections up-to-date. Thx!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were mostly same date (or a small mix of dates with lots of dups) I'd be interested if they were cheap enough and if you could sneak over the border to a US post office.

• Options

Thanks JBK
    that will not happen. as I do not smuggle. And, I have no plans to visit the USA in the future.

• Options

SYL,
    this used to work with the Britsh large pence pieces. We used to pick these up on every London trip. Just for the parking meters. it worked until they changed to electronic coin detectors.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

what do you want for them?

• Options
    ElmhurstElmhurst Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

I'm with SYL, just leave for tips.

• Options

Lucky waitresses... I guess the more skin they show, the more loonies they get? :)

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

No, but you sure do get faster/better service ... especially the cart girls out on the course. Every 3-4 holes they are back.