Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show off your favorite TTM autographs

2»

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

One of my most cherished collectibles, from when I was 12 years old in 1977. Not sure who actually signed the photo, but the same person addressed the envelope:

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

I have a couple mid 70s envelopes that were addressed by the player, it my case Steve Garvey. Maybe back then, fan mail was not quite as voluminous as it is today for stars and they handled it all themselves, or at least some of them may have. It was probably Grogan who addressed the envelope.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been collecting Topps Cardinals autographs for over 12 years now. Tomorrow, April 28th, my thread will have been running for 12 years. I started getting my autographs TTM. However, you eventually run out of players that sign TTM, so I began to search for different ways to get players that don't sign TTM.

I have a favorite TTM and then I have a favorite overall.

My favorite TTM is one that I got from Spring Training in 2007. It is Yadier Molina's rookie card from 2004.

My favorite overall is one that is almost impossible to find. I have only seen 3 in my years of searching and that includes the one I own. It is a 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols.

Here are both of them.

Cardinals_Autographs_017

Cardinals_Autographs_232

Shane

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2019 10:11AM

I remember back in the 70's when I was in grade school but a literal baseball fanatic, some kid and I were talking and he said he sends cards to ball players for their autographs. I was blown away by this as he was showing me cards he received from significant Hall of Famers. He gave me the address list and I sent cards away to the likes of Berra, Hubbell, Dimaggio and more. I received responses from almost everyone I sent to but sadly sold most of those cards in the late 80's when I needed to pay some bills.

I did keep a few though as I thought they were just too cool to sell. Having a DiMaggio signed to me and it cost me nothing more than an envelope and two stamps was just freaking cool.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

Not technically a TTM, but I just got this back from a private signing:

• Options
    bruin805bruin805 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

One of my favorite women's players signed this for me TTM. Sent it to UConn but she mailed it back from her home in Huntington Beach, CA and also included an autographed 8x10 photo along with the card I sent.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Super Bowl XXII MVP Doug Willlams signs through the mail?

• Options

Look at all of those awesome Orr autos. I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway. Can I have one? :)

@1970s said:

@1970s said:
    Some of my favorites from the 1969 O-Pee-Chee series. Rumor has it that just one sheet of the low series and high series were printed and distributed without the black ink on the cards. Here are two cards from that factory mishap. Very rare cards for those who are into errors. Never have there been seen duplicates of a player or trophy card, and only a few have ever shown up, with the thinking that many of these errors were thrown away by mom's years ago. PSA would not slab these, so I slabbed them myself. The backs are not blank. They are full.