Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Only 2 left

It has taken a while to complete this set with the quality I wanted.
I need only 2 more and I will be content.
Of course one of them is the most difficult and expensive of the series.
I have passed up a few nice ones over the years but one will come along eventually.
I'm in no hurry.

Comments

• Options
    dxd1995dxd1995 Posts: 47 ✭✭
    edited April 5, 2019 8:59PM

Hi, congrats on your progress! Thank you again for the Westminster piece. What is the other one that you are missing?
    For pieces that are rarer, will them also be more expensive? I saw this piece on Numisbid was sold for "only" $180

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many medals are there in the series?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dxd1995 said:
    Hi, congrats on your progress! Thank you again for the Westminster piece. What is the other one that you are missing?
    For pieces that are rarer, will them also be more expensive? I saw this piece on Numisbid was sold for "only" $180

Yes, generally the rarer ones are more expensive. Popularity also plays a role.
    Some are just more interesting and hence more popular.

I still need the Synagogue at Cologne. Nice ones are usually in the $1200 range.

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    How many medals are there in the series?

It depends on what your goal is. The generally accepted number is 41 of the larger 59mm medals.
    There are multiple versions of the Cologne Cathedral medal, showing different phases of construction, not included in that number. I have seen a few mules out there as well.

• Options
    dxd1995dxd1995 Posts: 47 ✭✭
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flatwoods The pieces you are collecting are just amazing. My future self may one day have a few but for now I enjoy them vicariously through collections like yours.

Beautiful!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's beautiful and well done, I like