Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping - US to Canada

It's been awhile since this has been brought up, but with the annual rate changes and rule changes, what is the least expensive method to ship a few graded cards to Canada? Best I see on the USPS website is First-Class Package International Service for $10.50. Any other options available?

------
stupid print dots

Comments

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

For tracking to Canada, that is the cheapest

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you use PayPal for a single graded card sandwiched in a bubble mailer w/ tracking its $3.25. That's about 5oz. A second card only raises it a few cents but I don't recall the rate for 2 cards off the top of my head.

Kevin

• Options

@LOTSOS said:
    If you use PayPal for a single graded card sandwiched in a bubble mailer w/ tracking its $3.25. That's about 5oz. A second card only raises it a few cents but I don't recall the rate for 2 cards off the top of my head.

This is not correct. The tracking at this service is only good for U.S. tracking from USPS pickup until it hits the Canadian border. This will not show tracking door to door.

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

Also, anything over 1/4 inch thick, First-Class Package International Service must be used. The cheaper service will not show door to door tracking in Canada. There was a time this service worked, but not anymore

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options

tsalems is correct... And, USPS First Class International is the cheapest, as long as you don't need it insured.

FYI - The one good thing about First Class International is that it's good up to 4 lbs, whereas domestic First Class is only up to 1 lb.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a not so smart person from Canada ask me why shipping was so expensive. I could get him the card for 50 cents (or some other ridiculous amount) I replied with, "no problem, send me cash and I will mail it any way you want" he was shocked that I would offer that and refused.

Shipping to Canada the way ebay wants you to was about $8.00 at that time.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tsalems1 Thanks for pointing that out. I never bother to track any items I ship and have never gotten a complaint about an item not being received. I just assumed the tracking was door to door. I guess I'll need to reevaluate my international shipping for more expensive items.

Kevin

• Options

@LOTSOS said:
    @tsalems1 Thanks for pointing that out. I never bother to track any items I ship and have never gotten a complaint about an item not being received. I just assumed the tracking was door to door. I guess I'll need to reevaluate my international shipping for more expensive items.

No worries. I ship enough up there to know the rates and details for each service

www.OPCBASEBALL.com

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone for your replies!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Most sellers won't ship up here and it is expensive especially for cheaper items. Items that are more than $50 bucks usually get tax added on as well as a fee. Please don't ever send anything up here by UPS or FedEx as they extort you at your door for 13% tax and "broker fees." I rent a postal box in Niagara Falls, NY and make the 3 hr round trip every 4-6 weeks to pick up my bounty, Not a great solution either but actually cheaper and all the hassle is handled in one shot.

Wish we could merge USPS and Canada Post.....

• Options
    cefy1cefy1 Posts: 430 ✭✭✭

Resurrecting this as it would seem the rates have increased substantially again. Am I right to think it is now basically $18 for the USPS First Class International, if so I don't think I will have many sales into canada going forward and need to update all my listings on ebay immediately. If anyone knows of anything I am missing please let me know.

Always buying Gretzky PSA Graded

Need some 2007 A&G Regular Back Mini's PM if you have any and I will send my needs list.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like $11.64 for ComBase pricing up to 8 oz, unless I'm reading it wrong. https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c341 (scroll down to 'First-Class Package International Service—Commercial Base', Canada is Price Group 1)

I haven't shipped there recently, so can't confirm.

• Options
    CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Luckily most Canadian's live within an hour or 2 of the US. If you are Canadian and buy a lot from the US, get a postal box across the border. Costs me $80/year and $1.50/pkg and they will gladly hold for 90 days (unless it is something huge).