Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2010 Topps Heritage Nameplate Variations (Derek Jeter)

DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know much about these, as in relative scarcity (I know they are rare, just not certain how rare.. maybe /50?).

I ask because I’ve come upon a Derek Jeter (Red Nameplate as opposed to more common Yellow Nameplate) and I’m having trouble finding any past sales to gauge the value. I did find an Albert Pujols variation (Black Nameplate) which sold for about $130 BIN , though I would guess Jeter may bring considerably more.

I know many collect these sets so hoping someone here may be able to help.

Thanks
Josh

Comments

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Can you post a photo of these variations?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    Tere1071Tere1071 Posts: 163 ✭✭

I have all but 3: Sizemore, Happ and Jeter. They occasionally pop up on eBay, the ones who have appeared the most are the Sabathia, Pujols and Greinke. About a year ago a seller had several non star variations which sold for $60- $70 each. The price for the Pujols is about where it goes for. As for the Jeter, the last one I saw on eBay was over 2 years ago. It was a PSA 10 that the seller was starting it at $250 with a BIN of $400. It didn't sell at that price. A comparison might be the 2012 Jeter color variation. Over the past year it has sold ungraded for about the $225- $250 range and may be equally as difficult to obtain as the 2010 colorplate variations. If you decide on a price for the Jeter let me know through a PM. Good luck.

• Options

I don’t have a scan of the one I own, but here is the Jeter that I found online:

For the other comment, thanks for the insight.. I think I may try and have it graded (it looks to be a good candidate) and go from there.

• Options

Ah, yes I saw this , but I don’t have an account on worthpoint. Do you or anyone else know what this sold for?

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Thanks I have to go through my stash of Heritage to see if I have these variations. Interesting!

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options

Here is a checklist of the 2010 Heritage Nameplate Variations:
    1. Pujols (all black)
    2. Mauer (all black)
    15. Sizemore (red/ green)
    55. Sandoval (yellow/green)
    77. Happ (orange/blue)
    94. Grienke (yellow/blue)
    215. Jeter (red/yellow)
    366. Sabathia (green/yellow)
    393. Braun (blue/orange)
    427. Wright (green/yellow)

All have a brighter colored back as opposed to the standard darker green tinted backs. I've always wondered what the approximate print run was on these cards as they seem to appear only sporatically now. I imagine they are mostly in private collections by now. Hey Dragnet, how did you come upon the Jeter you found?

• Options

Tere, got it from my local card shop, I assume it originally came out of someone’s private collection.. also picked up the mantle and maris SPs with it , all for about $60.

• Options

That was nice, I dream about that kind of stuff! When you decide to sell, please keep me in mind.

• Options

The Jeter was just graded a PSA 10 -- if anyone here is interested, please PM me, though will likely go the auction route unless blown away with something.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the Pujols and it took me forever to find it. I think I gave $125 and change for it.

Shane

• Options

The subset is currently being broken up on eBay. Most have sold in the $125 range as a "best offer price;" the Jeter, Pujols, Sabathia and Happ are still up. I missed out on the Sizemore, debating making a best offer on the Happ and will probably have to pass on the Jeter as my best offer price wouldn't be anywhere near the buy it now price.

• Options

I think I saw this, was it the one listed at $999?

• Options

Like with many of the "halo" SSP Heritage cards, sellers placed them at inflated values, hoping that they'll get that price or with a higher "Buy it Now" result. Many sit for quite a while on eBay.

• Options

Since some asked, figured I'd bump this to mention that the PSA 10 Jeter is currently at auction (eBay) and ends in a couple days. Last one sold for $400 raw and this one sits at $29. Despite the auction house, there is clearly no alteration, nor will there be any shilling.