Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A tribute to Nolan Ryan

Nolan Ryan has been my favorite ball player since I was a kid. When I started making baseball card artwork about seven months ago, I had an idea: Make a Nolan Ryan mosaic entirely from Nolan Ryan baseball cards. After months of preparation and countless hours of cutting and placing pieces, it is finally complete! Now if I can just figure out how to get Nolan Ryan to sign it...

Comments

• Options
    jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Wow!! That is very well done my friend. Quite an achievement.

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Very well done! Awesome!

I am not sure if Nolan Ryan does public signings, but calling up a few sports memorabilia agencies might give you a lead. All you would have to do then is pay the fee and wait in line like everyone else. For your one of a kind artwork, it would be worth it. Just make sure to get a friend to photograph the event and signing for extra documentation.

Another method is through the mail, but there is a risk it can be misdirected along the way. Maybe you can write an initial letter to his agent of what you want, and he or she will either cater to you or point out a public signing coming up. It never hurts to ask.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Jammin0511Jammin0511 Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

@DeutscherGeist said:
    Very well done! Awesome!

I am not sure if Nolan Ryan does public signings, but calling up a few sports memorabilia agencies might give you a lead. All you would have to do then is pay the fee and wait in line like everyone else. For your one of a kind artwork, it would be worth it. Just make sure to get a friend to photograph the event and signing for extra documentation.

Another method is through the mail, but there is a risk it can be misdirected along the way. Maybe you can write an initial letter to his agent of what you want, and he or she will either cater to you or point out a public signing coming up. It never hurts to ask.

Thanks! I am definitely going to look into it.

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

quite good

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

I admire your patience and dedication. Great work!

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing skill and attention to detail. Well done. 76 topps is a classic choice.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impressive!!!!

• Options
    CentauriCentauri Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

Looks like the value of a 91 Fleer Nola Ryan is going up, baby. He must have destroyed dozens of them making this art.

• Options

@Centauri said:
    Looks like the value of a 91 Fleer Nola Ryan is going up, baby. He must have destroyed dozens of them making this art.

I used about 200 '87 topps for the background so mathematically speaking the value of that card should be about 0.000001 cent higher now!

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

Oh wow, thanks! I'm a little nervous about mailing this thing though... maybe I will contact them and see if there is an alternative solution.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fine work of art. How many hours were invested in the work?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm really liking this one!

Mike
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very impressive!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice work. You should be proud about that.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Thank you. It took about 65 hours to build it, although I also spent a fair amount of time hunting for the best deals I could find on large Nolan Ryan card lots and sorting through them.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is just fantastic! What are the dimensions?

Daniel
  • Options

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    That is just fantastic! What are the dimensions?

Thank you! It is about 20" x 29"

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is absolutely priceless. I'm stunned! Beautiful. 🖼

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Great piece! Which Nolan Ryan issues did you use? I recognize 1990 Donruss, 1990 Topps, and 1991 Fleer. Any others?

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options

@waxman2745 said:
    Great piece! Which Nolan Ryan issues did you use? I recognize 1990 Donruss, 1990 Topps, and 1991 Fleer. Any others?

I used a lot of different cards, mostly from that era. The most useful ones that you didn't already mention were '89 topps traded (pink area and light parts of the face), '88 fleer (face), '87 Topps and '89 donruss (background), '91 upper deck (hair and hat), and '90 upper deck (jersey).

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jammin0511 said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Thank you. It took about 65 hours to build it, although I also spent a fair amount of time hunting for the best deals I could find on large Nolan Ryan card lots and sorting through them.

65 hours! Just WOW.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Had to come back and look again! Freakin masterpiece!

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I Had to come back and look again! Freakin masterpiece!

Thank you!