Home Q & A Forum
Options

1964-D 10c. Another set of eyes would be appreciated.

In the lower left end of the torch, bottom right of the MM I see what looks to be maybe an MPM or RPM. Possible it's also a die chip and or damage. I would just like another's input. Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not seeing a listing for an RPM that matches anything in your photo. You may have something stuck on the coin or it could be the discoloration creating an optical illusion and maybe some PMD.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks interesting.
    @ifthevamzarockin may be right ---there may be something stuck on the coin.
    A quick dip in acetone might remove it.
    And then, you could see if the possible anamoly could be gently moved with a toothpick.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it incuse?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda looks like a D peeking out but not of sufficient width. Me thinks chip or strike thru debris. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dagingerbeasttt

Can you get a pic at another angle?

From the west to east and directly from the top.

Looking at the OP pics the mm is very close to the torch and almost touching. There maybe something embedded in the torch itself, or not, but cannot see anything with the current pics.

Also, can you expand the field of view around that entire area?

• Options
    dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    @dagingerbeasttt

Looking at the OP pics the mm is very close to the torch and almost touching. There maybe something embedded in the torch itself, or not, but cannot see anything with the current pics.

Yes I can do that tomorrow, has been a very busy work week for me.

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    It looks interesting.
    And then, you could see if the possible anamoly could be gently moved with a toothpick.

I shall try tomorrow and see what comes out of it.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    Is it incuse?

No sir

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    @dagingerbeasttt

Directly from the top

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    It looks interesting.

I took different angles,I do see a line corresponding with the object that runs linear. Maybe a strike through of some sort.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dagingerbeasttt

Maybe I am trying to see something that is not there but there appears to be something on the inside edge of the curve of the D and a little “tick” sticking out from the back of the D (see third pic).

Cannot see anything between the torch and the D, too dark.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the sides of the D you could be seeing a slight amount of strike doubling or die erosion. At the lower torch band looks like toning or discoloration. The toning could look like part of a D at first glance.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    On the sides of the D you could be seeing a slight amount of strike doubling or die erosion. At the lower torch band looks like toning or discoloration. The toning could look like part of a D at first glance.

Makes sense, throw in back in the 90% pile