Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

LA area Local card shops? Porkys Woodland Hills?

I cannot seem to find many local card shops. The only and closest is Porkys in Woodland Hills California. I am kind of surprised there are none closer.
Anyone familiar with the Ventura county areas and North north west of LA?

Also, would shops have a wide selection of loose modern stuff like 2019 heritage Topps?

Comments

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Just East of there is Valley Sportscards. It looks pretty good based on what I could find online. I have never been there, but I may try it in a few weeks when I'm in the area. Burbank Sportscards isn't too far. They don't have a lot out on display in the showroom, but you can check out their warehouse. I mainly went there to show my wife what too many cards really looks like.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    jtala18jtala18 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately Ventura county is a ghost town for sports cards. There is a small shop in Newhall that still exists. It’s about as close to this area as it gets that I know of (I’m from Camarillo). However, like most places in the 80s and 90s there were plenty of options to choose from.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2019 2:20AM

Hello Sir :D

You might try the Frank and Sons Warehouse Show Wed and Saturdays Free Admission and parking

https://www.frankandsonshow.net

It in City of Industry.

If you decide to go get their early as hear parking is hard to find in the lots later in the day.

Saturday is best as not a dealers show on wed.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't been there in ages, but I think Porky's is mostly an autograph memorabilia place.

If you can get down Burbank, there is Burbank Sportscards and Sports Source.

But like Giantsfan said, Frank's is the best place to look. You should get there by 8:30am to get a shot at a parking. if you can't make it that early, go after 1pm.

Mike
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2019 9:26AM

Thanks for the info folks! That info saved me 1-1.5 hours if my time.
    I will check that out Frank and son next weekend if I have time. Maybe I can offload all my comic books and 1990s comic action figures there.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Here's a thread from years ago, but the summaries are pretty good (Scumbi's is spot on and hysterical) and I don't think any new stores have opened. Both of the ones on Robertson in West LA are still there as is Burbank. https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/3126254#Comment_3126254

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    rbsalezmanrbsalezman Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

I believe Porky's retail store is closed (or soon to be) and he only has an online presence now. Other stores in the San Fernando Valley to check out would be Burbank Sports Cards, Valley Sports Cards, Sports Source and Sports Source 2 (these are two different stores owned by different owners) Cardboard Legends, Northridge Sports Collectibles, MVP Trading Cards and GameandCards.com (it's modeled after Burbank Sports cards right down to have a Beckett Marketplace presence).