Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

need a favor.....

davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking through my PCGS certs and downloading all the true view photos for the ones available, but I can not seem to find ANY of my NGC coins with the "photo vision" images. Can someone post a photo vision image from NGC. I was on the cert verification website for NGC but I do not know if that is where you go to access the photo vision photos that were paid for

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

Comments

• Options

Thanks so much. But I am unsure how to access the images that have been purchased previously. The ngc coin cert website requires a grade as well as the certificate number. ngc has almost all coin cert with photos in low quality images, I was curious if the purchased high quality appear here when the image is available

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 9:11AM

I did a search ATS, and apparently NGC emails you a PDF containing the photos of your coins.

"We provide a hard copy along with the coins to the original submitter as well as a digital copy on CD. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce these images to other collectors. You may submit your coin to NGC for the photovision service but the images are taken of the coin while in the holder. "

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options

So if you purchase a NGC coin that previously had the photo vision acquired, the new owner will not have access to it unless the PDF gets emailed?

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Unless you had the NGC invoice number for the submission somehow, then you could email their photography team and get the PDF.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kyle said:
    Yep. Unless you had the NGC invoice number for the submission somehow, then you could email their photography team and get the PDF.

Just one more reason to do PCGS instead of ngc!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Kyle said:

Just one more reason to do PCGS instead of ngc!

I agree that this is terrible. I appreciate pcgs for the way they utilize the photo service

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now than you've been properly (?) commiserated with, why don't you call ATS itself and try to solve your problem. I've always found their customer service people very helpful in "work-arounds". I've got Mark Salzberg's cell #, but you'll do better asking for Melissa. Can you look up the number yourself? OMFUG :s

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would NGC send a PDF....rather than a native image file such as TIFF?

• Options

@ColonelJessup said:
    Now than you've been properly (?) commiserated with, why don't you call ATS itself and try to solve your problem. I've always found their customer service people very helpful in "work-arounds". I've got Mark Salzberg's cell #, but you'll do better asking for Melissa. Can you look up the number yourself? OMFUG :s

This is a good idea if I needed an image I knew existed. All I was trying to find out was whether when you type the cert number into the NGC website whether you would have access to the Trueview as PCGS allows. I did not have a specific coin in mind. Thanks for the tip though

Roosevelt Registry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file