Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Michael Jordan HANES Cards?

First off, your thoughts on value of one of the ten autographed cards?

Then, your thoughts on these cards in general? Collectible? Junk?

People are buying the boxers and t-shirt at Walmart(and other stores) for 16 bucks, and then selling the card pack alone for 20 bucks on ebay! lol

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2018-19-fleer-hanes-michael-jordan-30th-anniversary-trading-cards

COLLECTING: 2020 Topps 206 ⚾️

facebook.com/groups/Topps206

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Comments

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

looks like packs are going for about $10 when bought in multiples...I am pretty certain the autographed cards will go for $500 to $1000....maybe the parallels / all-star inserts will have some value since they are harder to find...it's a good promotion for Hanes...they could put Jordan cards in bags of cat litter and people would buy them even if they didn't have cats...but when you can get shirts and briefs that you can use as well as Jordan cards, it's a no brainer :)

• Options
    KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

@Kep13 said:
    looks like packs are going for about $10 when bought in multiples...I am pretty certain the autographed cards will go for $500 to $1000....maybe the parallels / all-star inserts will have some value since they are harder to find...it's a good promotion for Hanes...they could put Jordan cards in bags of cat litter and people would buy them even if they didn't have cats...but when you can get shirts and briefs that you can use as well as Jordan cards, it's a no brainer :)

Yes there are some deals to be had on ebay with lots... but no boxers or t-shirts! hahaha you better believe that guy is stocking up on them for when the zombies come and he needs to stay clean to prevent infections. But yeah that would be so cool to pull an autograph, and only being numbered to 10 I could possibly see them going for more than that. Heck, my kids are not so sure why they got so many packs or boxers and t-shirts, with another 6 packs coming! They said but XL is too big for us. So I told them to put them in the freezer till they fit into them, and in the meantime I will get a batch of larges. If my youngest ones still don't fit into those... then another batch of mediums, of yeah! No autograph yet... fingers crossed. The odds is only one out of 108,250 packs, so not too bad.

• Options
    KingBenKingBen Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

They should have used pictures of him in his playing days, then they would be a lot cooler. They will still be highly sought after though. Anything Jordan, and rare usually is.

• Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 11:04AM

I bought 29 packs of shirts/boxers for the cards. Opened 1 pack. My foils were OC. There's 10 autos and a NPN. Based on the odds of NPN, I think there's 2 cards set aside for that. I initially thought a auto would be $1000. But considering the odds and a few cards may never been seen as the average guy may just toss the pack I bet they sell for a few grand. Pretty cool release. Not the best pics etc buy hey, it's Jordan and I love food/oddball releases.

• Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

With the national TV exposure and the "I have one" factor, I'd say you'd get no less than $2500 for one right now.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options

So from what I can gather is that as far as I'm aware of nobody has seen or even heard of any of these 10 Jordan autograph cards to have been discovered yet, is that correct? But there is a lot of hype about the autograph cards, but something else about these Hanes 30th anniversary Michael Jordan series cards that I have not been able to find one piece of information about anywhere on the web, and that would be .... Printing Plates. Does anybody know if there have been any printing plates pulled out of packs of those cards? Well I do know this much, there has been at least one printing plate discovered and I have it! It's a "one of one" metal card and it states that it is an actual printing plate. Have I discovered a TREASURE? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Options

@Copena1 said:
    So from what I can gather is that as far as I'm aware of nobody has seen or even heard of any of these 10 Jordan autograph cards to have been discovered yet, is that correct? But there is a lot of hype about the autograph cards, but something else about these Hanes 30th anniversary Michael Jordan series cards that I have not been able to find one piece of information about anywhere on the web, and that would be .... Printing Plates. Does anybody know if there have been any printing plates pulled out of packs of those cards? Well I do know this much, there has been at least one printing plate discovered and I have it! It's a "one of one" metal card and it states that it is an actual printing plate. Have I discovered a TREASURE? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I would certainly consider it a treasure, can we have a peek? I've never even seen one of the cards. They're mythical, they're hard to catch, like Leprechauns.

• Options

Yes I will gladly show you pics of the card / printing plate, but it will just have to be later on today before I can post a picture because I'm not at home right now and I haven't even taken any pics of it yet to even have it in my phone. But I will show it to you I'm anxious to actually I want people to see it.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Copena1 said:
    Yes I will gladly show you pics of the card / printing plate, but it will just have to be later on today before I can post a picture because I'm not at home right now and I haven't even taken any pics of it yet to even have it in my phone. But I will show it to you I'm anxious to actually I want people to see it.

Welcome to the forum

• Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Wow! Never knew they inserted plates for these. Very curious to see it as well.

• Options

Okay I guess I've kept you all waiting long enough, are y'all ready for this?

• Options

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an awesome pull! I'll let others with more knowledge and experience with Michael Jordan collectibles guess the value, but no number thrown out by them will surprise me in the least.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Under where did you pull this thing from? 😁

• Options

@Copena1 said:

Unbelievable! That is a real treasure! I'd rather have that printing plate than the autograph.
    Congratulations, and thanks for sharing! That is one of the best pulls I've seen in a long time.

• Options

This is awesome! I really appreciate everybody's enthusiasm about the card this is great. But it doesn't stop there y'all are not going to believe this, I've noticed some more odd things. So all of the packs that I see online have 5 cards in them but my packs only had 3 cards in them. I thought this was cool because besides the printing plate I also had what I thought was the base card of the same image and that was pretty neat but now I've noticed I do not have the base card I have a refractor version of the card which is pretty cool right? Aren't refractors desirable? Well every card I have is a refractor!! The blue and red foil cards that are in apparently almost every pack I didn't get any of those but I got all refractors and a printing plate. So I would love to hear what anybody has to say about this.

• Options

• Options

Even my All Star insert cards are refractors

• Options

• Options
    Air23GOATAir23GOAT Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

Wow I've never seen one of these plates. Nice pull. And I've never seen a Hanes auto. I'm starting to doubt they exist at all. I think when they do surface collectors will pay thousands for them.

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.
    Any other big Jordan nuts out there let me know.

• Options

Mine actually came from t-shirts not underwear. I only opened 11 packs altogether, and pulled the plate out of the 5th or 6th pack I opened

• Options

I've never seen you Hanes autograph card either but apparently there has been at least one discovered oh, I was talking with a gentleman in Las Vegas who claims to have had one. And if this is so $2,500 to $3,000 range vet someone estimated the auto would go for or could go up to I thought that was you know pretty good number but apparently that was way low. Again I have never seen the card and I'm not 100% certain but I don't feel this has any reason to lie to me he said he sold the Hanes autograph for $10K!

• Options

Question: I just discovered the pack of trading cards on a pack of underwear I had not gotten around to open to wash before my son wears them. I almost threw away!!! Question is should I open the pack of cards to see if autographed or is it more valuable unopened?

• Options

I would open it. The unopened packs aren't worth that much. You can get unopened packs on Ebay for under $20.00 a pack.

• Options

Thanks. That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure what to do. I kept thinking I’d like to know!!! Thank you for your quick reply.

• Options

You're very welcome.

• Options

Finally opened the pack. No autograph. Pack contained red foil, blue foil, All Star, and two others. Worth anything??