Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Hand Painted Coins

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not your average laser filmed modern junk either. Was far too neat not to keep.

Why is it that as a dealer I find more pleasure in coins of very little value. Next to it on my desk are several early US gold pieces in mint state, yet this is what makes me smile.

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess would be based on the subject that it was done locally to where the coin circulated, ie Chile. It is a neat novelty.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 7:09PM

Workers at the Havana Mint applied colors to these coins using syringes thereby making each piece unique.

I'm not a fan of colorized coins but these do make me smile.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

While not dark side this one fits my collection.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe many here had a second look at these coins and by doing so,had a long smile and interesting thoughts.. thinking about Cuba. Especially how Feebay still does not permit this countries coinage or anything having Cuba in the description.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ said:
    I believe many here had a second look at these coins and by doing so,had a long smile and interesting thoughts.. thinking about Cuba. Especially how Feebay still does not permit this countries coinage or anything having Cuba in the description.

I started using "Nondescript Carribean Island", instead of Cuba. Those started to get taken down as well.