Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Storing Cards in a Climate Controlled Storage Facility

Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience or willing to share their results with storing trading cards in a Climate Controlled Storage Facility?

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any experience with it, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Heck, I might just give that a try.

• Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

I've never stored in a climate controlled unit but used to buy a lot of storage units. Our weather gets down to freezing and up to 110 degrees. Usually vinyl records I find in units were wraped if they were in storage for long periods of time. In the temp controlled ones, they were not. The temp controlled units also did not have the same pest (spider,mice,rat, cockroach and silverfish) issues that non temp controlled had. You would be surprised how many people move (must of been a rush job) and left food in the fridge. Out of 125+ units, I found 3 that way. It would turn into me throwing the whole unit away due to cockroach infestation. I assume this would spill over to the neighbors....

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I suppose as long as temperature, humidity and pests are under control it shouldn't affect the condition of the cards. My cards all fit in the closet still, but I'm guessing not for much longer.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don’t mind having access, I think PWCC has a vault where you can store your cards; unsure of price though!

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

I had a top floor 5x10 unit for at least 6-7 years. Had a sizable collection of everything in there. Wax boxes, packs, cellos, racks, sets, singles, stickers, binders, you name it. Auto’d balls, bats and jerseys. Even had graded cards there for a bit but they were in pelicans. Did not lose a thing to any sort of damage. Most were stored in monster boxes on a shelving unit. And the rest in totes. Just be aware of the overhead sprinklers just in case shtf. Luckily did not have any pest issues. Northeast region too, so seasonal temps swung a good amount and it was all good.