Home U.S. Coin Forum

Offensive messages found on 5 dollar bill

2»

Comments

• kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

If this is what "leetspeak" is, it was invented 50 years ago. I was there.

• MikeBeastersMikeBeasters Posts: 14
    edited March 29, 2019 7:43AM

Oh look a bunch of completely hipocritical religious people losing their minds because someone they dont even know noticed a pattern in mah holy and sacred 5 dollar bill. Its my five dollar bill. Remember the 10th commandment. I hope you'll all go to your white washed sepulchers this Sunday and pray about it.

• You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am I the only one to flag this troll?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 7:49AM

@PerryHall said:

I have a feeling you weren't. ;)

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

There are probably a few. West coast is still asleep.

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over under is 20...

And I not guessing your age.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my. Lighten up a little folks, he's not pissing in your cheerios, just making an ill-received joke.
    One doesn't have to be young, uneducated, or low-brow to be familiar with "leet speak" although it probably helps to be under 40. It originated back in the late 90's/early 00's, back then I was in high school and regularly playing online games, mostly Half-Life and Counter-Strike, both of which still exist today.

Let the moderation determine if he's an alt or a troll, if you are just going to come in and be unwelcoming, please move on to the next thread.

Collector, occasional seller

• JBKJBK Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 8:33AM

Sure, lighten up - just ignore the anti-religious bigotry and thinly disguised F bombs, as well as the accusation that we are "fascists". :#

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll play:

63+ I0$+

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    Sure, lighten up - just ignore the anti-religious bigotry and thinly disguised F bombs, as well as the accusation that we are "fascists". :#

To be fair, he didn't degenerate to insults until he was challenged by other forum members. Hi OP was a bit offensive, but had it been ignored it would be off the first page and the OP himself would have been off to another forum.

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d like to see the heather flag come with a mandatory week time out for the member that flies it. So you might get what your whiny heart desires, but not without some cost to you. That seems fair right?

Or, just remind yourself that if something is really a problem, she usually notices on her own. Remember?

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

My point is it's easy to see a thread, realize it's not for you, and move on without saying anything.

Collector, occasional seller

• CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Moron.

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭

"bye Felicia!" ;)

This discussion has been closed.