Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My collection is 2,900 miles away, what is best way to ship?

I have my childhood collection in Myrtle Beach and I am closer to Malibu.
How would you recommend shipping across the US? I have around 2,000+ cards (what ever was not pilfered over the last 20 years)
A large box and several 400-800 boxes and some albums

Comments

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Honestly depending on when you collected as a child a large amount of those cards may not be worth their weight in shipping charges. You have anyone who you trust to at least do a pre-sort to toss anything that is clearly junk before then considering shipping them to you?

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is going to pack it for you? If you want a one stop shop that will package it, box it, and ship it, I recommend FedEx Office. Sometimes they run coupons that get the cost down.

Mike
  • Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know who can pack it m, I was considering having a business packet so they wouldn’t be damaged in shipping but I was unsure which would be best. My mom has the cards. The bulk was probably mostly 80s and 90s Junk but there was a lot of good rookies and chase cards and non-sports cards holograms etc. things I looked up on eBay some were more expensive to buy new then what I imagine total shipping might cost work out to be.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait until you go back to visit, then eject the commons from the lot. You can then take the remainder as part of your carry on luggage.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    Wait until you go back to visit, then eject the commons from the lot. You can then take the remainder as part of your carry on luggage.

Southwest Air - Two bags FREE

Mike