Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Card Id Help

CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

I found this is in a drawer I haven't looked in for years. The redemption envelope was from Tri Star, If that helps any, I dont remember what series it was redeemed from or the year. The card is very thick and the trophy is raised.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Comments

• Options

Anyone?

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2019 9:31PM

not sure , I know Topps did a set in 2005 called
    2005 Topps Rookie Cup, but being from Tri Star that throws me off

Original Relics
    This unique 428-card, Hobby-exclusive, set features various All-Star Rookie winner's Topps cards that were bought-back for this set. Topps then cut-out the Rookie Cup from the original card and replaced it with a manufactured metal relic in the shape of a Rookie Cup. The cut-out original and the manu-relic Cup were then glued onto a second copy of the bought back card, giving it the appearance of an original card. Each is serial-numbered

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2005+topps+rookie+cup+Original+Relics++peters&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=2005+topps+rookie+cup+Original+Relics&LH_TitleDesc=0

• Options

Tri star was the company Topps used for there redemptions for a while years ago. I think you hit the nail on the head. This card has the Cup as you stated. It is also serial numbered 4/6. Thanks for the help.

• Options

No Problem

• Options

I got this One from a fellow collector for a XMas gift years back
    Rookie Cup Reprints
    This set serves as a pseudo-parallel of the first 150 cards of the base set, featuring reprints of each player's original Topps Rookie Cup-bearing card. Please refer to the base set checklist for a full checklist. Each Hobby pack contained two reprints, while retail packs had one.
    A Chrome edition was exclusive to Hobby boxes, and was packaged in it's own wrapper and inserted as a box topper. Each Chrome Rookie Cup Reprint was serial-numbered to 25 copies and available in the following Refractor parallels.
    Gold Refractor (one-of-one)

• Options

I found this:
    Original Relics (463) - Hobby Only!
    Vintage Topps cards of every Rookie Cup Winner since 1959 are repurchased and transformed into unique Relic cards featuring an actual Topps Rookie Cup Medallion!

• Options

That is a nice Xmas present a 1 of 1.

• Options

@CoinCrazyPA said:
    That is a nice Xmas present a 1 of 1.

My Cardboard Family has been VERY nice to me Throughout the Years <3